Joe Walsh, Brian May, David Gilmour...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Fender Stratocaster:
It's on right now. On HDNET!
David Gilmour (of Pink Floyd) is on stage right now!
Cool!

I am a huge fan of Pink Floyd! My all-time favorite group!

Mine too! I never liked Pink Floyd until my brother had an extra ticket to a concert and I went and LOVED IT!

Been a fan ever since. If you ask my wife who my favorie group is she will tell you Pink Floyd.

She also know if Comfortably Numb comes on the radio or TV she is not to talk to me until the song is over. :D

I have been a Pink Floyd fan ever since the Dark Side of the moon was released.
Various groups were my favorites at one time or another, but nothing lasted as long...

Most of their stuff before Dark Side of the Moon was garbage and sounded like they were trying to be the Moody Blues.

You can tell when Alan Parsons (whom I am told is a SatelliteGuys Member) :) came on board and influenced their sound.

I forget the name of the site, but I must have watched the Pink Floyd reunion about 100 times in HD from the Live 8 concert at that site. That was magic that I don't believe will ever be repeated.

I do like their early works too. (Echos is one of my favorites, actually.) But of course what they did in seventies compares to nothing!

Are you kidding about Alan Parsons being our forum member?!! Wow!!!

Here is the description of this program from HD.NET:

The Strat Pack - 50 Years of the Fender Stratocaster®
Filmed in 2004 to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Fender Stratocaster® Guitar, the Strat Pack concert is a music lovers dream. The set features some of the world's most renowned axemen, including Joe Walsh (Eagles), Brian May (Queen), David Gilmour (Pink Floyd), Hank Marvin (The Shadows), Ron Wood (The Rolling Stones), Gary Moore, Mike Rutherford (Genesis / Mike + The Mechanics) and many more!

David Gilmour is a God of the guitar. So is Brian May, but he usually plays his homemade guitar (which is also an incredible freak of nature, I can't believe him and his dad just built this kick ass, cool-looking and sounding guitar out of a fireplace). I am a guitar player myself. Some of my other "Strat masters":

Hendrix
SRV
Jeff Beck
Yngwie Malmsteen
Mark Knopfler
Eric Clapton
Robin Trower

I'm sure there are plenty more that I'm not thinking of right now...

But I saw this show a few weeks ago and I was really disappointed with the performances, given the level of talent featured. I saw the names and really started salivating, but the songs they played on the show didn't really give them a chance to show their true brilliance. Again, just MHO.

Jesus, now I sound like the "HD-lite" crybabies...nothing's ever good enough...;-)

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I should give props to Joe Walsh too. He is really good. But I can't help but crack up when I watch him, cuz of all the retarded facial expressions he makes when he plays. He's like Joe Cocker...he's great but he's a trainwreck to watch...;-)

Guys,
Stratpack is available on DVD. Looks and sounds great. Pink Floyd is my favorite band, also. David Gilmour has a new CD out today, can't wait to get it.

ripnbigc said:
David Gilmour has a new CD out today, can't wait to get it.
Great! Thanks for the info. I'll stop at BestBuy tomorrow. :up

Scott Greczkowski said:
If you have Sirius or Dish Network check out The Vault.

All this week its non stop Pink Floyd and David Golmour. :D
Personally, I don't like listening to Pink Floyd as a music in the background, if you know what I mean. And I also prefer to listen to the entire album from the beginning to the end... ;)

Ilya said:
I have been a Pink Floyd fan ever since the Dark Side of the moon was released.
Various groups were my favorites at one time or another, but nothing lasted as long...
Careful with that axe, Eugene...!

sixteenbynine said:
Oh yeah, I should give props to Joe Walsh too. He is really good. But I can't help but crack up when I watch him, cuz of all the retarded facial expressions he makes when he plays. He's like Joe Cocker...he's great but he's a trainwreck to watch...;-)
I believe he had a stroke, seriously! But he still sounds great. Been a big fan since James Gang days...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)