Joey Connectivity Issues

elrayox

Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Hi all,

Im hoping to get a little guidance here. Starting last week, I was having connectivity issues from 3 of my Joeys to their respective Hoppers. No issues at all with the Hoppers. The TV's hooked up to the Joeys will freeze and sometimes reboot, but never work for more than 5-10 minutes. Last week, I called Dish when it appeared to only be an issue on 2 hoppers. They sent replacements which just arrived yesterday. However, this weekend, they all worked fine. Now this week, 4 of them are not working, same issue. Freezing, sometimes rebooting, black screen, searching for Hopper, etc. I can watch via Sling without the issues. I have not unboxed the new Joeys as I dont think that is the issue. I would appreciate any help or suggestions. First issue since I got these last January.....

I would check all cables, fittings and wall plates. I have also seen that turning off the bridging between the Hoppers can make a difference as well.

I would check all cables, fittings and wall plates. I have also seen that turning off the bridging between the Hoppers can make a difference as well.

I will check that, its just odd in that I haven't changed a thing and have never had issues.

I have a similar issue, 2 HWS's and 2 Joeys. This issue began when the latest firmware was released. My MOCA network became unstable, with Joey's unable to connect to their Hoppers, and one hopper unable to see the recorded programs on the other. All of the diagnostic screens on all units showed all green.

I attempted to to trouble shoot the problem with no success. I even left a message on this forum, but received no response. I then call Dish tech. support, but they didn't have any answers. They sent a tech. to my home, but he didn't have any suggestions. I worked with him to trouble shoot the problem.

He changed the HUB and one Joey, but that didn't help. The Joey we replaced, was having connection issues, so we disconnected the MOCA connection, and the problem disappeared. We connected the Joey without MOCA to the WiFi network with a WiFi dongle that came from Dish, and everything is working OK.

The wiring at the location with the Joey problem, is the only wiring that was not replaced during the 16 service calls that I had during my initial installation. The tech. is coming back on Friday to rewire the problem area. I will post the results.

To correct your problem try disconnecting the MOCA from one Joey at a time and see if it helps.

I'll bet both your Hoppers have their own IP connections? Remove the extras so that only one hopper is connected and then enable bridging and problem fixed. When turning off wifi go into network details to verify no wireless connection is present. To disable just enter the wrong password.

The tech replaced the wiring and everything is working OK. He also stated that the diagnostic screens on the Hopper-Joey systems have been inoperative for a very long time.

Fyi, more than 1 IP connection in your system can cause issues since the last software update. It is better to have one Hopper connected to your IP thru 1 connection method and enable bridging, than to have both Hopper connected, or 1 Hopper connected with 2 methods.

The #1 best solution, 1 HIC connected in the system and that's it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)