Joey has MOCA, but not Internet. Used to work fine...

toddjb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
Germantown, MD
We've had a Hopper 3 and two 4K Joeys for a few months now.

The Hopper has internet connected on the lower port (according the config screen) and there is a good MOCA connection to the Joeys.

The Joeys used to work fine for Netflix and PPV, until we lost internet at home last weekend. Now the internet is back up but the Joey's show no broadband connection.

All the internet gear has been powered down multiple times to reset.
I have reset the Hopper and the Joeys.
I have hit the Reset Network button which reports "success".

On the RXer Diag screen I get
Link Status "Linked", Link Quality "Strong"

So, as I typed this last night, I had internet on the Hopper3, but not the Joeys.
Then all of a sudden, Internet came up on one Joey so I figured it took it's time and all was good...
...nope.

Now I have internet on one Joey, but I lost it on the Hopper and still don't have it on the other Joey.

This is odd because the Internet comes in through the Hopper. I'm not in front of the screen currently, but they show no connection to a router or the follow-on internet. But MOCA is solid. They show failed DHCP and the two internet items below that in the list.

Any suggestions to reset everything and get me back online? Thanks!

Check and make sure 'Bridging' is turned on. At the Hopper 3 go to \Menu\Settings\Internet then select the top right tab for 'Advanced'. That's where the Bridging switch is located. Good Luck.
Thanks. I did check this and it is definitely ON.

I went through every menu and submenu I could find in Settings and Diagnostics. I could not find anything else to check or reset.
It seems like as long as the Hopper has internet (I used a wired connection), and Bridging is turned on, everybody gets it over Moca. And since my MOCA connection is strong, I don't know what else to try.

Reactions: JSheridan
I'd try a power unplug reboot of everything if you haven't tried it yet. Sounds like you've tried everything else I can think of.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'd try a power unplug reboot of everything if you haven't tried it yet. Sounds like you've tried everything else I can think of.
Thanks. I suppose that is the first thing tech support will ask me to do...

While I have tried this, it has not been EVERYTHING disconnected at the same time. I know sometimes that helps (was avoiding because a couple of the power cords are a pain to get to, so I did the power-button-reset instead)

Yes, unplug everything. Then plug just the Hopper in and let it boot up fully. Then one Joey at a time. After everything has booted up see what you have.
Thanks! This did the trick when I tried it last night.
I'll see if it still held on for a day when I get home.

Of course...one of my WiFi routers never came back online, but that's an Apple product and another problem all together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)