Joey Hopper HDMI Splitter?

nikunjbhakta

Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
United States
Is it possible to split the joey hopper with HDMI splitter?

Meaning input HDMI out of Joey or Hopper and into a splitter and feed to two TV's via HDMI?

Furthermore can you take the HDMI and run a cat6-HDMI balun to another TV?

When you do this is it possible to operate the Joey or Hopper with two remotes using RF.

Hence allowing to truly split an HD signal upto 100 feet....and still operate both TVs from one box and two remotes.

Please confirm

I had that setup for years. I installed a ViP612 in the lower level. I used a powered HDMI splitter, one cable to the lower level TV and the other into a wall plate (HDMI-CAT6 wall plate). I than installed 2 CAT5e cables to a 2nd floor bedroom where I terminated the 2 CAT5e cables into the CAT5e to HDMI plate in the wall. I than connected the bedroom TV via a short HDMI cable to the wall plate and Viola...HD TV to my wall mounted TV. I used a dish RF remote control and it worked perfectly. EXCEPT when I was in the lower level watching a hockey game on the 70" LED and all of a sudden the TV switched to HGTV...obviously my wife went to bed. I just went to the living room TV (a ViP722) and continued watching game on 42" LCD.

I am sure this has been posted before but wanted to verify if it is still possible to use hdmi splitter with a joey to mirror 2nd TV? If so will any o'l hdmi splitter do? I am looking to mirror the 2nd TV with about 40' of hdmi cable. Any suggestions there as well?

Thanks

40' should work. I had 2 Hoppers that the HDMI signal was so weak that they would not work over 50'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)