Joey Issues

rogueagent

Original poster
Mar 11, 2014
Tulsa
Hello, can anyone help with this. I have 3 joeys that only give a black screen. I have had 2 techs out, 1 was there 8 hours, the cables were changed out, hoppers, joeys and nodes. I was told by the last tech that was out that one of my electrical jacks showed reversed polarity so I paid an electrician to come out and it was one jack showing that and now my joeys still dont work. I have 2 hoppers with sling and 3 joeys. I've switched where they plugin at and i get video for maybe a minute then it starts looking for hopper/sling again. I can still see the menus. I dont want to go back to 722k but i may have to my son has been without his tv for 12 days.

Check the Bridging

I was having the exact same problem. It was intermittent until a few days ago, then no connection at all. I had bridging enabled on one HWS and disabled on the other. Disabled it on both and the problem cleared up immediately. The tech I spoke with said this was a known problem. If you do a search, you can find some other threads on the subject.

I have problems with bridging as well, it wreaks havoc on my network. I have no idea why but I can only have 1 Hopper attached to my ethernet network or I have problems.

Rogueagent,
Did you disable bridging and connect just one hopper to the ethernet as suggested by others? I have the exact same problems as you had. Dish techs replaced both hoppers, one joey, dual node, cables and connectors during two separate visits and I still have the problem. I would appreciate knowing if your problem went away.
Thanks.

I would ensure you only have one hopper connected to IP and then you can enable bridging. If the second hopper is connected to wifi, enter the wrong password and ensure the tests fail. Also, after verifying the connection method display moca then hit network details and choose wifi from the red drop down and ensure you see three red fails. This will fix your issue.

Your best bet is to get a HIC Installed and then you won't need any bridging at all, all your problems will go away.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I would ensure you only have one hopper connected to IP and then you can enable bridging. If the second hopper is connected to wifi, enter the wrong password and ensure the tests fail. Also, after verifying the connection method display moca then hit network details and choose wifi from the red drop down and ensure you see three red fails. This will fix your issue.

Yep lucky is right. It's a known issue and they are working on a fix with the next update. Also, on single hopper setups, make sure there's only one internet connection on the hopper. Meaning if you have it connected thru Wi-Fi, don't use an Ethernet cable straight off the router too, this will cause joeys to unlink also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)