Joey keeps losing link to Hopper

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
My Joey keeps losing the link to my Hopper and it is really getting annoying. Sometimes I can get it back right away and others I can't. It is not linked at the moment and I have tried rebooting the Hopper and resetting the network, but it still won't link.

It may just be coincidence, but it seems that there may be a correlation between connecting my work laptop to the network and being unable to link my Joey. Are there known DHCP issues or specific settings I need to have setup on my router to avoid conflicts? If not, what else can I do to prevent/resolve this issue? Are any others experiencing this problem?

My Joey keeps losing the link to my Hopper and it is really getting annoying. Sometimes I can get it back right away and others I can't. It is not linked at the moment and I have tried rebooting the Hopper and resetting the network, but it still won't link.

It may just be coincidence, but it seems that there may be a correlation between connecting my work laptop to the network and being unable to link my Joey. Are there known DHCP issues or specific settings I need to have setup on my router to avoid conflicts? If not, what else can I do to prevent/resolve this issue? Are any others experiencing this problem?

I just had a new install from DISH last week. Took the poor install guy over 9 hours to set up system with 1 hopper/sling, 1 hopper and 3 joey's. When he left my house at 9:30 PM, he thought the system was working, it wasn't. I have the same issue you do with my laptop causing all my joey's to drop their link. They are all linked to the regular Hopper and every time I turn my laptop on they drop. Then when the Hopper/sling is unplugged the joey's start working again. DISH is totally perplexed. They have no idea what is going on with my system. I think I have a faulty Hopper/sling because it doesnt even show up as linked to the rest of the system. I cant find it on any joey or the other hopper, but it must be connected some how because when I unplug it everything works except i cant watch seperate channels on all the joey's. kinda a pain. So tonight I got really tired of this situation and started to investigate my network. turns out i can add a virtual access point in my router, which i did. I put all the hoppers and joey's on the second wireless access point and most everything seems to be working except the hopper/sling still does not show up and I cant link any joey's to it. If anyone can give me some advice, that would be great. Thanks.

CubsWin - check the coax line between the node and the Joey. Make sure there are no splitters, diplexers or other such devices between the two. I had the same problem and discovered that the installer had left diplexers from the previous install in the lines. When those came out, it worked perfectly.

fatshafter - Not sure what the wireless has to do with anything on the MOCA network. Are you trying to run the Joeys wirelessly? If so, you need to hook them up via MOCA coax first and get them all linked, then try disconnecting the coax. If you are not trying this and the wireless is killing your MOCA link, that is weird. Have you tried turning off all wireless and getting things running via MOCA, and then adding the wireless net back at that point? This is why Dish doesn't officially support the Joey over ethernet or wireless. Too many funky configuration issues.

Press MENU - Settings - Diagnostics - System Status/System Info on each receiver. Are you seeing four green bars in the MoCA section?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)