Joey Picture is Freezing - Need Help

tuckermantim

Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Arkansas
I have two Hoppers and two Joey's and the picture on both Joey's is freezing up anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 seconds or more. It does not matter if I am watching live TV or something recorded on the Hopper. Also, each Hopper is working fine watching live TV or something recorded on the Hopper, but if I try to watch something on one Hopper that is recorded on the other Hopper, the same freezing problem occurs.

Something is not letting the units send data to each other properly. Need help getting this fixed.

Tim

Do you have both Joeys linked to 1 Hopper? Have you tried resetting the Hoppers and Joeys? Leave the Joeys unplugged while you reset the Hoppers and let the Hs fully reboot before plugging the Joeys back in

Do you have both Joeys linked to 1 Hopper? Have you tried resetting the Hoppers and Joeys? Leave the Joeys unplugged while you reset the Hoppers and let the Hs fully reboot before plugging the Joeys back in
The Joeys are linked to different hoppers. I have not tried the exact procedure that you describe. I will try that now. Thanks.

This sounds like a node issue. That is the center point to all the data transfer, and the likely culprit to where info is getting messed up. Do you know what sort of cable is going from dish to node, and node to hoppers/joeys?

Do both Hoppers have an internet connection or do they share one? Is bridging enabled on one or both Hoppers?

The connections are all coax, dish to node and node to hoppers/joeys. The hoppers each have a internet connection, both are connected to my router by cat 6 cable.

The connections are all coax, dish to node and node to hoppers/joeys. The hoppers each have a internet connection, both are connected to my router by cat 6 cable.

Only 1 Hopper should be connected to the internet and that Hopper should have Bridging turned on to provide internet access to the other Hopper and Joeys. There's a good chance that will fix the problem.

With it all being Coax, you may also want to make sure it is all RG6 Coax... but I would go with JSheridan's idea first. That is usually the primary issue with things of the nature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)