Joey pixelation

gasman882001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Houston, Tx
I was having the same type of issue with my wireless joeys (pixilation with decent signal strength). Kept resetting network, hopper, joey, etc... I finally deduced that it was a wifi conflict between the Dish WAP and my wireless router. I changed the wireless router to a static channel and chose a channel that wasn't used much and have not had an issue with it at all since.
I will have to give that a try this evening, thanks!

gasman882001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Houston, Tx
I was having the same type of issue with my wireless joeys (pixilation with decent signal strength). Kept resetting network, hopper, joey, etc... I finally deduced that it was a wifi conflict between the Dish WAP and my wireless router. I changed the wireless router to a static channel and chose a channel that wasn't used much and have not had an issue with it at all since.
Can I have some more detailed directions on how to do this. Still having issues with WIFI Joey and Dish router from H3. About once a week I have to power all off and plug back in to get the wireless joey working again. Of course during prime time so all the programs get messed up and the wife has a fit!

Using a Comcast router with wireless built for regular wireless in if that matters for home network and Dish dist router for wireless joey.

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Using a Comcast router with wireless built for regular wireless in if that matters for home network and Dish dist router for wireless joey.
That's your problem, right there, if you're connecting the Hopper to your internet via WiFi. Comcast routers and gateways are on the incompatible list., You need a 3rd party router, a Hopper Internet Connector or a direct connect via Ethernet

Reactions: charlesrshell

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
I was having the same issues, much pixelization, constant resets of Hopper, Wireless Joey, and the Dish WAP. After some research online, I wondered if there was conflict between the WOW internet wireless router and the Dish WAP (which are located near each other). I could not find ANY information on the WAP, or what channel it broadcast on, I couldn't find any information available about that piece of equipment.

I took a chance and went into the settings for the WOW wireless router and changed them. It was originally set to select a channel automatically, I manually set it to broadcast on a specific channel (153 I believe). You can download apps that will tell you what WiFi channels have more or less traffic in the area. I used that information to figure out what channel was least used in my area and manually set that as the broadcast channel for the router. After making that change I have had no more issues with pixelization at all, and have not had to do any more resets of any of the equipment.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)