Joey Playback of recordings won't jump

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Don't know what trick play is.
Sorry; it's anything not involving linear playback. You mentioned "jumping forward or backward", which are two forms of trick play. I would also include pause and slow motion. Note that you cannot skip forward on live TV, since that is a future part of the program not down from the satellite yet. But jumping backwards should still work, unless your Hopper internal disk is deceased.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Don't know what trick play is.
Trick play is what we use to refer to pause/play/ff/rw/etc. functions. That is what TheKrell meant.
Also, if these said functions are not working on the hopper either, check your DVR menu (if you have never gone there you should have a DVR button top left on your remote if it’s a 54.x). Trick play is dependent on the hard drive in the hopper, if the DVR menu shows an error that might be your issue.

I've had this problem while watching LIVE TV only, If I change the channel that usually fixes it, or may have to reboot, and that always fixes it. So many annoying bugs right now on my H3 system. For the first time ever after past update, I now get the dreaded Skip Forward command that actually Skips BACK several minutes. It does not happen often, but enough to make me a bit tick-off. PITA :).

I was experiencing the same thing. Unplugging the power to the Joey and plugging it back in fixed it...for a couple of days. I now have the Joey plugged into a timer that removes power from it every day at 4 a.m. for a couple of minutes, then powers it back on. Problem has disappeared. BTW, I do the same thing with the Hopper. That has also solved all issues I was having with that device.

I was experiencing the same thing. Unplugging the power to the Joey and plugging it back in fixed it...for a couple of days. I now have the Joey plugged into a timer that removes power from it every day at 4 a.m. for a couple of minutes, then powers it back on. Problem has disappeared. BTW, I do the same thing with the Hopper. That has also solved all issues I was having with that device.
Hard Reboot
1641760299125.png

Sorry, Fred, that was not my intent. You came up with an easy answer and solved your problem faster than the software engineers at Echostar ever will. That’s why I linked that cartoon.

Sorry, I don't find it funny when someone basically says to me, "You're a moron if you think what you're suggesting is a good idea." My suggestion is a valid idea that works, and I don't need some a$$hole sh*tting all over it.
Good grief Fred! The cartoon was meant in jest and merely shows another way to do the same thing as you reported doing. No need for vulgarity. :(

Fred; I apologize, too..I never meant to hurt your feeling when I responded to Foxbat. It is quite the opposite. I thought Foxbat's response was funny. We leave funny drawings, cartoons, gifs here to make it less stressful.

Foxbat has been here for a while. You just misunderstood. Things happen.

I have a question for you. The timers I own from past are sort of too bulky to fit on a surge protector. What brand do you use? Any recommendation?

I apologize. I completely misunderstood the intent of your post. It's all good.
To be fair, I have sent this same cartoon to some of my coworkers when they have memory leaks that they hadn’t managed to track down. :devilish

And Microsoft SQL is/was famous for slowing consuming free memory, but Monthly Security Updates call for reboot so they get rebooted every 4-5 weeks.

The Skip 30 sec. Forward/Skip 10 sec. Back usually works for me, but there seems to be a 15-20 sec. zone behind Real Time/Live TV that acts like a DMZ and the Joey jumps to Live TV to avoid it. My bigger complaint has been using the Fast Forward and hitting play seems to pick some random place in the program, not where I though I would be given the Progress Bar.

Fred; I apologize, too..I never meant to hurt your feeling when I responded to Foxbat. It is quite the opposite. I thought Foxbat's response was funny. We leave funny drawings, cartoons, gifs here to make it less stressful.

Foxbat has been here for a while. You just misunderstood. Things happen.

I have a question for you. The timers I own from past are sort of too bulky to fit on a surge protector. What brand do you use? Any recommendation?
I use:

BN-LINK WiFi Heavy Duty Smart Plug Outlet​

1641767704278.png
3 x 2 x 2 inches
About $17.00 for two
BN-LINK WiFi Heavy Duty Smart Plug Outlet, No Hub Required with Timer Function, White, Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant, 2.4 Ghz Network Only (2 Pack) - - Amazon.com

Works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts