Joey Split HDMI??

OhioDon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Ohio
I have an Actiontec MyWirelessTV Wireless MWTV200RKIT. It sends the signal wirelessly from the Joey to a second tv. The wireless transmitter unit is also a splitter; it has an HDMI output to the local TV and also sends the signal wireless to the remote TV. I seem to be able to make on TV or the other work but not both at the same time. One or both TVs will intermittently go black. I tried using a DVD player and it seemed to work properly. Other people have used this device on the Hopper but I don't know if anyone has used it on a Joey. Is there something in the HDMI signal from the joey that does not allow the HDMI signal to go to two TVs simultaneously? Would an HDMI splitter solve this if I split the signal before it goes into the wireless transmitter (which also has a built-in splitter)?

Last edited:
I am using a Monoprice HDMI splitter to send the HDMI output from a Joey to two TVs and it works perfectly. I have not used a wireless device like yours. A regular splitter before the device might solve your problem.

I am using a Monoprice HDMI splitter to send the HDMI output from a Joey to two TVs and it works perfectly. I have not used a wireless device like yours. A regular splitter before the device might solve your problem.

I'm looking to do exactly this. Do you have the part number (usually a four digit number on Monoprice) or even a link to the one that works for you? Thanks.

I bought a Sewell 2 Port 1x2 Powered Hdmi Splitter V 1.3b 3D Certified-Up to 1080p from Amazon and it seems to have solved the problem. When watching on the TV that is connected wirelessly, there are occasional pauses (split second) but the picture is very good and the pauses are generally bad. I actually didn't notice the pauses until recently so it might actually be that I need to move the transmitter and receiver to get better signal???...

I dont' know if this is an issue or not for you, but with HDMI if both TVs are not both 1080P or both 720P there can be synchronization issues. This can cause one of the TVs to black out. This is an HDMI issue, not specifically any dish issues.

I think both TVs are 1080P. I was having black out before I got the splitter. Now, it's just a quick pause or skip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts