Joey to two TVs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

OhioDon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Ohio
Just ordered one hopper and one joey. The hopper will be connected to TV1 in the main living room. The joey will be connected to TV2 in the basement with the joey HDMI output. I would like to use the joey composite output to an RF modulator then through coax cable to TV3 which is in the room above TV2. Questions:

1. Does the remote for the joey need to be in the same room as the joey? Will I be able to control the joey from the room above?

2. For testing, I have used the composite SD output on my 222k box into the RF modulator. The resulting signal at TVs 2 and 3 is rather poor. Is the picture poor because the RF modulator is getting only an SD signal? Will the RF modulator from the composite joey outputs give me a lot better picture than the SD composites on the 222 box?

1. No. It uses radio.

2. With TV2 being an HDTV, NTSC over coaxial cable will NEVER look very good on it. Is TV3 an HDTV as well? If so, same issue. Coax can look pretty decent on the old tube TVs though. Also, it depends on the quality of the RF modulator and the quality of the cabling between the modulator and the TV.

1. Does the remote for the joey need to be in the same room as the joey? Will I be able to control the joey from the room above?

2. For testing, I have used the composite SD output on my 222k box into the RF modulator. The resulting signal at TVs 2 and 3 is rather poor. Is the picture poor because the RF modulator is getting only an SD signal? Will the RF modulator from the composite joey outputs give me a lot better picture than the SD composites on the 222 box?

1) Dish claims 200 feet on the remote distance (probably with no obstructions). I haven't tested too much, but it works pretty well through at two floors. Room nearby should be fine. Joey has internal antenna. Hopper has external antenna.

2) I'm getting great SD from my RF modulator on the hopper. Hard to say if it will improve in your situation. If there's a problem, it could be with the connections or RF modulator. Of course my RF modulation is for an SD TV. If you're trying to view the RF modulated feed on an HDTV, I would keep your expectations pretty low.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)