Joey Versions

When checking my equipment at mydish.com, it clearly states Joey 1.0. I knew this as it is almost 4 years old (activated on 05/12/12), and the fact that it is totally useless for searching, loading apps is painful, and it is dog slow if editing timers.

Again, go by the manufacturing date. If it's been made in the past 9-10 months, it's the new model. Dish was importing the 2.0 models since January of last year. They won't produce both models at the same time other than a possible, small overlap while components are depleted.

The Joey that I have was installed in June 2014. It has S487 on it, and seems like it works just like using the Hopper, it is not slow. Not sure if it is a 2.0 or not.

Yeap, a mid-2014 install improves the odds of it being a newer model Joey. I do think the definitive way of knowing - but only after it's installed and activated - is the s/w version. The Joey 1 is on S395 or around there, as I recall.

The Joey that I have was installed in June 2014. It has S487 on it, and seems like it works just like using the Hopper, it is not slow. Not sure if it is a 2.0 or not.

Has to be a CR/2.0, then. You would know if you had an original Joey 1.0...I guarantee it would not feel just like using the Hopper, speed-wise. ;)

I am confused about which version Joey I have. The my equipment tab on the my.dish.com web site indicates that I am leasing a Joey1. Yet my software version is S487 ZBBB 11/20/2015. Do I have a Joey 1 or Joey 2? The Joey unit does not have a manufacture date.

I wonder if the 4K Joey will be faster yet. If so, it would be best to get the 4K Joey even if you only have a 1080P tv.

All "evidence" suggests that the Joey v2 has the higher s/w version.

The 4K Joey will definitely be faster than even a Joey 2.

No one definitively knows though. We think the s/w version S487 means a Joey 2 but aren't 100% certain. The unit isn't marked either. Dish can supply refurbished units to people too so even the installation date isn't a guarantee.

The best clue is the manufacture date on the cardboard box, if people saw it, and is after the 1st quarter of 2014.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

No one definitively knows though. We think the s/w version S487 means a Joey 2 but aren't 100% certain. The unit isn't marked either. Dish can supply refurbished units to people too so even the installation date isn't a guarantee.

The best clue is the manufacture date on the cardboard box, if people saw it, and is after the 1st quarter of 2014.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Maybe someone that had a Joey 1 and it was swapped out might know too because the replacement works much faster. Or a recently new customer I would think would have a good chance of having a Joey 2 could check their mydish account and see if it reflects a Joey 2.

If the Dish system has only known Joeys as Joeys, with no way to distinguish a "1.0" from a "CR", perhaps there is no way for the system to distinguish what is already out there until Dish makes whatever system/procedural change they are planning to make to distinguish the "2.0" from a 1.0/CR.

Reactions: Hall
My Joey is listed as a 1.0 on MyDish, but it has S487 firmware.
Well, I guess that kind of confirms that all standard Joeys are listed as 1.0 in mydish account equipment info even if you have a Joey 2.0. DISH might can tell the difference by S/Ns and they aren't telling us! :shh

Maybe someone that had a Joey 1 and it was swapped out might know too because the replacement works much faster.
That is definitely a good way to tell. I guess another way, and this is entirely subjective, is if the Joey feels fairly fast, at least in comparison to a Hopper, it's likely a 2. If it is noticeably slower, it's a 1.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My Joey has always seemed as fast as my Hopper but since this is a big topic here I checked the software in it and it is the lower number implying it is a Joey 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts