Joey Wireless Access Point WiFi Signal

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I would like to to move my wireless router to about one foot from my Joey Wireless Access Point location. Does anyone know if the WiFi signals will interfere with each other?

They can, I had an issue with mine, they are about 2-3 feet apart. I could find NO information on what channel the WAP broadcasts on so I just went into the settings on my router and changed it to a little used channel on the higher end of the spectrum to avoid the conflict. I was having all kinds of pixilation issues on my wireless joeys until I did that.

They can, I had an issue with mine, they are about 2-3 feet apart. I could find NO information on what channel the WAP broadcasts on so I just went into the settings on my router and changed it to a little used channel on the higher end of the spectrum to avoid the conflict. I was having all kinds of pixilation issues on my wireless joeys until I did that.
What channel did you change to in your router, in the 2.4 or 5 GHz channels? I think the WAP is 5G. I found this in the setup guide troubleshooting section.

The Wireless Joey Receiver Does Not Display Video
• Check the Wireless Joey Access Point’s connection to the Hopper receiver model, as well as all the cable connections from the dish to the Wireless Joey, ensuring that they are secure and hand-tightened.
• Check the signal indicator. If the signal is weak, reposition the devices
• Ensure that there is no interference from other 5G devices, such as a microwave, cell phone, or a neighbor’s wireless network. If possible, reposition the Wireless Joey Access Point to avoid the interference.

Yeah, their instructions are pretty generic and useless. I ended up changing the router wifi channel to something like 153, it was in the upper range and there was not much traffic on it according to a wifi app on my laptop that shows local wifi traffic by channel. The router is dual band, but is connected to the Hopper by 5G, and I do believe the WAP operates on the 5G band as well.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah, their instructions are pretty generic and useless. I ended up changing the router wifi channel to something like 153, it was in the upper range and there was not much traffic on it according to a wifi app on my laptop that shows local wifi traffic by channel. The router is dual band, but is connected to the Hopper by 5G, and I do believe the WAP operates on the 5G band as well.
The wap definitely uses 5G

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)