Jr got robbed..

wow, doesn't anyone remember his Dad? His dad was the diriest driver in NASCAR probley NASCAR History...I was at Bristol when he took out Labonte for that win...How many of you E fans complained that he won? His son is probley a cleaner driver then his dad, but still racing is racing, if Busch got loose under him and went up into him, I am sure he did not intend to spin him out as that is not the way to spin people out. Personally I feal like not watching racing as much anymore because all you hear about is JR this and JR that. I actually remember watching racing when they covered all of the drivers not just the biggest sponsors and maybe the race leaders. NASCAR is so corrupt in its televising the only good way to watch a race now is go to one, only way you will get to see the 40 other cars that race that day. The funny thing...out of this whole deal is if it was Kyle Busch that got taking out by JR you all would have said, well he is a wrecklass driver and deserved it, or would have said, it wasnt JR's fault because the car got Aero loose or something. JR is a good driver, but all drivrs make mistakes, and anyone that is racing for wins...will most likely be aggresive to win. Also JR said that he pinched him down and caused him to get loose, so JR isn't mad about it, because he was part of the problem...maybe not the majority, but part.

Thats my $.02
B, watch this video around 1:56 into it. If you DVR'd it in High Def it was friggin clear. Busch turned into him and spun him.

[youtube]3HHQG0QDidc[/youtube]

To me, It seemed like (looking at the high def verson) his ass was following his front tires. Wich were turned to the right. Then Jr spun out. I still think that Denny Hamlin should have been heavly penalized for deliberatly stopping for the caution. He went a lap on that flat and never moved down to the apron as he was loosing position fast. He went from 1st to 10th in less than a half of a lap. I really think that he needs to be fined for this and be penealized one race.

It may be arguing a subjective decision, but I don't see Busch's ass-end swinging around until after his front end gets into Jr.
Well I haven't watched Nascar since the Johnny Benson days, I knew him personally from the days he raced for ASA at Berlin raceway in Michigan.
So I'm just going off of what I see in the video Ron supplied.

Thats what I thought. You can clearly see (atlease in my eyes) his ass end sliding to the right before he turned his wheel.

That's my opinion as well. Anyone who does any driving in snow can tell you that as soon as your ass end breaks free in a turn, the only way to maintain control is to steer INTO the direction of the skid. If you continue to turn into the curve the back end will just continue to come around. In this case, if Busch had not turned to the right, his back end would have continued around and taken them both out. I don't feel that Busch intentionally took Jr. out... I think where Busch erred was in not getting off the gas going into the turn. He had the inside line for a while, and should have known how much speed he could carry into the turn without breaking loose. It was just too close to the checkered flag, and he knew if Jr. got past him he'd never regain the lead. Busch was just pushing it to the edge, took a chance for the win, and blew it, IMO.

Driving a cup car is nothing like driving a street car. Back in the day you could race online with Truex Jr and Jr. I had a good friend that raced the two of them every Wednesday night.

They say racing online is as close as it gets to doing the real thing. Try it out some time. Most people here could not run one lap without spinning out a half dozen times. Cup cars are so loose its crazy.

Busch is as aggressive as Sr. was when everyone loved him, all he wants to do is win and that is the quality that makes him a great driver. People love JR because of his dad, but they drive nothing alike.

Busch didn't do much but crash and bitch with Hendrick motorsports. Why should he be any different now?

Busch will take out as many Hendrick guys as he can this year and nothing will be done because he's who he thinks he is ...

He has no respect for the drivers he's driving with/ against, he constantly cried with Hendricks because he didn't get the attention he wanted, of course he was teamed with (if you can call it that) Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson, neither of which he's better than.

Busch was gaining my respect, except I still think he's to reckless.
Like I said before, maybe he will grow up in a few years and become a respected driver in the garage, maybe.

Jimbo

I don't think Busch did anything wrong. I do however think that Hamlin did and he should at least lose some points.

Hamlin will not lose any points, he's got friends in high places, see JR. isn't the only one, Gordon and Johnson and Stewart to name a few get thier way when things are questioned.

Hamlin has Joe Gibbs in his corner and Nascar will not reprimand Joe, so Denny's safe too.

Hamlin will lose no points and not be disciplined according to NASCAR today.

Jimbo

Just curious, do you Junior fans see the earth revolving around the sun like the rest of us do?

Firstly, why would Kyle Busch have a vendetta to "wreck" all the Hendrick cars after leaving them last year? The move to JGR got him more pay, more exposure and a better car and team. What exactly would he have to be bitter about? But because it sounds good to explain a racing situation, that's all you guys keep saying.

Secondly, that Hamlin guy must be amazing. While trying to decide how to make the best of a bad situation and get the most points, and while trying to keep from getting run over by the other cars on the track, he is able to correctly surmise the correct running order of the two leaders who are about 1.5 seconds apart at precisely the right moment. And before you say, "well, they told him on the radio," remember that the media has access to those frequencies and surely would have reported it already. To put it simply, the guy just led 90% of the laps at his home town track, and had the win taken from him by fate - I'm sure worrying about KB really wasn't foremost in his mind right then.

Thirdly, Junior himself said after the race that he didn't think it was intentional, because if it had been, he would have spun him out earlier in the lap when he was right behind him. Ironically, Dale Senior would have just wrecked the leader from behind and put him into the wall, and made no apologies about it afterwards. But anybody racing Junior should just back off and let him win because he's the chosen one. It's side-by-side short-track racing, and if it was any other two guys and the same thing happened, you'd be talking about what an exciting finish it was and saying that that makes NASCAR such a great sport.

Listen, it's great you Junior fans are so passionate. But you only see things from your driver's perspective. And I'm not saying he's not a good driver and a class guy. Just recognize that Junior isn't always 100% right and everybody else isn't 100% wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts