Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
voomhdnetwork.jpg

JULY JUMPS JAMS ON VOOM HD NETWORKS<O:p</O:p

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEJuly is sizzling on VOOM HD Networks, television’s largest and most diverse suite of high-definition channels. Watch as Spielberg’s classic JAWS make its HD Premiere with JAWS on MONSTERS HD; find out who will be the next Artstar on GALLERY HD; watch the latest up-and-coming musical talent on Rave HD’s new original series Beautiful Noise; live the drama of two off-road racing superstars on WORLD SPORT HD; or experience one of the world’s top video game tournaments on GAMEPLAY HD. Each month, VOOM HD Networks truly offer something for every viewer.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Available nationally on the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:stockticker w:st=
AND</st1:stockticker> <st1:stockticker w:st=" /><st1:stockticker w:st="on">DISH</st1:stockticker> Network, VOOM HD Networks provide breathtaking content that brings television to a new level of experience. The 15 VOOM channels offer great TV made for HD, 24-hours-a-day that includes movies, sports, animation and family fare, fashion, music, art, news and ever-expanding commercial-free slate of new original programming. Details of the July program highlights are as follows:

<st1:stockticker w:st="on"></st1:stockticker>
<st1:stockticker w:st="on">RAVE</st1:stockticker> HD<O:p</O:p
BEATIFUL NOISE<O:p</O:p
Premieres Friday July 21 at <st1:time w:st="on" Hour="22" Minute="00">10:00pm</st1:time> ET/PT on <st1:stockticker w:st="on">DISH</st1:stockticker> channel 9470 <O:p</O:p
Rave HD brings you music like you’ve never experienced before with performances of some of the world’s top acts in high definition and rich 5.1 Dolby surround sound. Now see the premiere of the channel’s first original series Beautiful Noise. Taped in front of a live audience in a dramatically lit, converted gothic-style church, the hour-long show features up-and-coming artists, along with established “hidden gems.” Get the chance to discover the music and learn about the musicians as well. Singer/songwriter Kathleen Edwards, kicks off the first episode on July 21 with her melodic blend of country, folk and pop music. Rolling Stone declared her one of year's most promising new acts with her 2003 debut release of Failer. Solo artist Fiest, whose album “Let It Die” was included in the top 10 discs of 2005 by the New York Times and Philadelphia Inquirer, is featured on the second episode on July 28. Tune in to hear why this chanteuse is earning the rave of critics.

WORLD SPORT HD<O:p</O:p
CFL (CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE)<O:p</O:p
Airs Friday July 7<SUP>th</SUP>,14<SUP>th</SUP>, 21<SUP>st</SUP>, 28<SUP>th</SUP> on <st1:stockticker w:st="on">DISH</st1:stockticker> channel 9477 <O:p</O:p
Catch exciting LIVE football all summer long, with the first-ever national broadcasts of the CFL’s top game of the week on World Sport HD. Did you know that football is a Canadian import, introduced to Harvard by McGill in 1892. Like American football (most of the players trained at <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:pU.S. </ST1:p</st1:country-region>colleges), but fast-paced and on a bigger field, CFL will get you addicted this summer.

ULTRA HD<O:p</O:p
BEHIND THE LABEL: <st1:stockticker w:st="on">RIC</st1:stockticker> PIPINO<O:p</O:p
Airs Friday July 7<SUP>th</SUP> at <st1:time w:st="on" Hour="20" Minute="00">8:00pm</st1:time> ET/PT on <st1:stockticker w:st="on">DISH</st1:stockticker> channel 9478 <O:p</O:p
Celebrity hairstylist Ric Pipino’s career began at 16 in his native <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">Australia</st1:country-region></ST1:p, now he’s as much of an A-lister as his celebrity clients who include former wife Heidi Klum, Jennifer Esposito, Carmen Kass and Naomi Campbell. Join Full Frontal Fashion’s James Aguiar as he goes Behind The Label to find out how this Aussie rose to success and how he stays in such demand.<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p-more-<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:pVOOM HD NETWORKS – July, 2006 Highlights<O:p</O:p

MONSTERS HD<O:p</O:p
Fish Fright Nights with the HD Premiere of JAWS<O:p</O:p
Premieres Monday July 31 at <st1:time w:st="on" Hour="20" Minute="00">8:00pm</st1:time> ET/PT on Dish channel 9481 <O:p></O:p>
See the most famous set of teeth in HD! Monsters HD proudly presents the high definition television premiereof Steven Spielberg’s classic tale of a monster shark. Three sequels JAWS 2, JAWS 3 and JAWS: THE REVENGE will follow in August. Other Fish Fright films include PIRAHNA and BARRACUDA.

STOP MOTION MONSTER MANIA<O:p</O:p
Airs Friday July 28 and Saturday July 29 beginning at <st1:time w:st="on" Hour="6" Minute="00">6:00am</st1:time> ET/PT on <st1:stockticker w:st="on">DISH</st1:stockticker> channel 9481<O:p</O:p
Twelve films that promise to take viewers to a time when heroes were truly good and villains were truly evil. The stop motion technique combined with live action creates a look and a terrific intensity that can’t be matched by today’s <st1:stockticker w:st="on">CGI</st1:stockticker>. Now viewers can relive the frights and thrills in startling clarity with the following titles: One Million Years B.C., When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth, Beast From 20,000 Fathoms, Giant Behemoth, Q-The Winged Serpent, Crater Lake Monster, Black Scorpion, Golden Voyage of Sinbad, Sinbad and The Eye of The Tiger, King Kong, Son of Kong, Mighty Joe Young.

GALLERY HD<O:p</O:p
ARTSTAR <O:p</O:p
Airs Thursdays at <st1:time w:st="on" Hour="21" Minute="00">9:00pm</st1:time> ET/PT on Dish channel 9472<O:p</O:p
Who will be the next ARTSTAR? As this unconventional documentary series continues, set in the eccentric, colorful <ST1:pon <st1:State w:st="on">New York</st1:State></ST1:p art world, the ‘rules” of reality TV don’t hold. Keep following these eight unknown artists – selected from over 300 who showed up for an open call – as they vie for a career-launching solo show at one of Soho’s most famous galleries, The Deitch Projects. But in the art world, where anything can and does happen, events take an amazing, unexpected turn. Tune into see this band of talented and ambitious artists learn the ropes and compete for the art world’s acclaim. Look for the exciting conclusion on July 20 to see how it all turns out, on ARTSTAR, a Gallery HD original series.
<st1:stockticker w:st="on"></st1:stockticker>
<st1:stockticker w:st="on">RUSH</st1:stockticker> HD<O:p</O:p
BETWEEN HEAVEN <st1:stockticker w:st="on">AND</st1:stockticker> EARTH<O:p</O:p
Premieres Sunday July 2 at <st1:time w:st="on" Hour="20" Minute="00">8:00pm</st1:time> ET/PT on <st1:stockticker w:st="on">DISH</st1:stockticker> channel 9476 <O:p</O:p
Second in a quarterly series, BETWEEN HEAVEN <st1:stockticker w:st="on">AND</st1:stockticker> EARTH documents a place few people have ever seen, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Russia</st1:country-region>’s remote <ST1:pSayanMountains</ST1:place. It chronicles the summer of 2005, when Emmy-Award-winning director Angus Yates and four top world whitewater kayakers journeyed to this treacherous location, where they were the first to descend the <ST1:p<st1:placeName w:st="on">Onot</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">River</st1:placeType></ST1:place by kayak. The last people to try this feat were killed, but if they are successful, the expedition will raise money and awareness for the drastically under-funded Russian Central Children’s Hospital in <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pMoscow.</ST1:p</st1:City> The documentary is part of The North Face Expedition Series, a three-part series that travels to some of the world’s most remote and visually spectacular locations, puts the spotlight on The North Face’s Global Giving Philanthropic Expedition Program, which funds and promotes overseas community-based social, environmental, and economic development projects.

GAMEPLAY HD<O:p</O:p
BLIZZARD WORLDWIDE TOURNAMENT<O:p</O:p
Airs Wednesday July 5 at <st1:time w:st="on" Hour="22" Minute="00">10:00pm</st1:time> ET/PT <st1:stockticker w:st="on">DISH</st1:stockticker> channel 9485<O:p</O:p
Video gaming is emerging as the great new frontier in spectator sports, and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:pKorea </ST1:p</st1:country-region>is leading the way with tournaments that attract international competitors and fanatical crowds. Finalists from Asia, <st1:country-region w:st="on">America</st1:country-region> and Europe converged on <st1:City w:st="on">Seoul</st1:City>’s <st1:placeName w:st="on">Coex</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Center</st1:placeType> for a thrilling showdown of the games “Warcraft” and “Starcraft” ( the latter has become a national pasttime in <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">Korea</st1:country-region></ST1:place). Watch GamePlay HD to immerse yourself in the the mayhem and capture both the live action of the athletes as well as the actual gameplay itself. See insightful interviews, checkout the amazing competition and fan adulation from the heart of <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pSeoul</ST1:p</st1:City>, which solidifies this video game tournament as a major international event.

Other Programming in July (not in Press Release):

SUMMER JAM FESTFilm Fest HD jams all Fourth of July weekend with films and documentaries that rock with the likes of U2, David Bowie and Pete Townshend. Featuring: U2 Rattle and Hum, Ziggy Stardust, La Bamba (pictured), Wild in the Streets, Alice's Restaurant and more.
Airing July 1st - 4th

INDEPENDENCE DAY OF DEADMonsters HD brings out the dead for a two day zombie feast of films including George Romero's Day of the Dead (pictured), Peter Jackson's Dead Alive, Sam Raimi's Evil Dead and Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses.
All day and night July 3rd & 4th

Equator HD
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=509 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=305>Clipperton
A ring of coral lost in the Pacific. The most remote piece of land on earth. Clipperton, a tiny French territory off the coast of Mexico, remains a scientific mystery. How did this unique ecosystem evolve? What bizarre species have developed in complete isolation? In a race against time, scientists reveal the secrets of Clipperton before global warming causes them to disappear beneath a rising ocean.
This 6-part series concludes with a 90-minute special on August 2nd. This series is part of Equator HD's 'Keep It Green' initiative

Rave
Breaking the Record: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Combining funk and punk rock, the Red Hot Chili Peppers created a uniquely intoxicating musical style. Watch as we 'Break' their new record,' Stadium Arcadium.' with performances that include their new single, 'Dani California' as well as hits like 'Scar Tissue' and 'Can't Stop'.
Premieres July 7th at 8pm ET

Rush HD
7/2

descend the Onot River by kayak. A truly remarkable expedition documenting an environment few outsiders have seen, Between Heaven and Earth demonstrates courage personified while simultaneously raising money and awareness of the drastically under-funded Russian Central Children’s Hospital in Moscow.
9.30: World Premiere: BM

7/9

8.00: WORLD PREMIERE: MOTO P.I.G., Day 1: The classic game of P.I.G. meets Motocross biking in this RushHD exclusive event. Watch as the biggest names in Motocross battle to be the last man standing.
9.00: WORLD PREMIERE: Focused: Urban Assault Trip, Riding the Euro Rail: Urban Mt. Bikers Aaron Chase and Jeff Lenosky, travel Europe to test their incredible riding skills in some of the best old world cities. They take Mt. Bike trials to the next level as they jib off everything from walls to fountains.
9.30: WORLD PREMIERE: Focused: Heli Chase, Tulsequah, British Columbia: Ingrid Backstrom, Hugo Harrision and Eric Hjorleifson chase the snow to Tulsequah, B.C. In search of 1st descents, their epic journey takes us over the magnificent Juneau ice Cap to a glacier, where the skiers will call an abandoned mining camp, home.
10.00: MOTO P.I.G., Day 3, Season 1: The classic game of P.I.G. meets Motocross biking in this RushHD exclusive event. Watch as the biggest names in Motocross battle to be the last man standing.

7/16

8.00: WORLD PREMIERE: MOTO P.I.G., Day 2: The classic game of P.I.G. meets Motocross biking in this RushHD exclusive event. Watch as the biggest names in Motocross battle to be the last man standing.
9.00: WORLD PREMIERE: Focused: Mt. Bike in Bolivia: The Kona Freeride Mt. Bike team travels down to Bolivia, South America to explore what the Andes has to offer. The team explores Bolivia to search out the uniqueness of this far off, exotic destination for Mt. Bikers.
9.30: Focused: Ski BASE Jump Europe Part 1: The world's best Ski B.A.S.E. jumpers risk life and limb as they take to the mountains of France and Switzerland.
10.00: BMX P.I.G., Day 5, Season 1: The classic game of P.I.G. meets BMX in this RushHD exclusive event. The world’s premier BMX riders compete in an intense, yet friendly contest, filled with tricks, daring one-ups and lots of trash talk. The game of P.I.G. is intense of upmanship and elimination. The rules are simple miss a trick get a letter. Spell the word P.I.G. and you are out of the game.

7/23

8.00: WORLD PREMIERE: MOTO P.I.G., Day 3: The classic game of P.I.G. meets Motocross biking in this RushHD exclusive event. Watch as the biggest names in Motocross battle to be the last man standing.
9.00: WORLD PREMIERE: Focused: Kayak the Zambezi, Africa: Victoria Falls and the mighty Zambezi have long been considered a Mecca in the kayaking world. South African kayaker Steve Fisher, who grew up on the Zambezi, will attempt to run a part of the rapids that has never been run, right under Victoria Falls.
9.30: Focused: Boat Trip, First Descent Mission: Throw a helicopter on a 110-foot boat, and take it into the unexplored mountains of the British Columbia coast. A big mountain skier dream; skiing places that few people have ever set foot. Follow this unique journey of skiing the unexplored remote wild.
10.00: SKI P.I.G.: Day 1, Season 1: The classic game of P.I.G. meets skiing in this RushHD exclusive event. Watch as the biggest names in skiing showcase huge tricks set to beautiful scenery.

7/30

8.00: WORLD PREMIERE: MOTO P.I.G., Day 4: The classic game of P.I.G. meets Motocross biking in this RushHD exclusive event. Watch as the biggest names in Motocross battle to be the last man standing.
9.00: Nomads: Salt Lake City: Follow today’s most progressive skiers and snowboarders, as they take on everything from the urban jib to ”the greatest snow on earth” and backcountry gap jumps to big mountain lines.
10.00: Snow P.I.G., Day 3, Season 1: The classic game of P.I.G. meets snowboarding in this RushHD exclusive event. Watch as the biggest names in snowboarding showcase huge tricks set to beautiful scenery.
Ultra HD

Full Frontal Fashion: Best of Fall 2006
Get ready as the fashion industry's biggest names spill their secrets. Each guest will choose their top 3 collections for Fall 2006 and then explain why.
Premieres July 10th at 10:30pm

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rule colSpan=3>
i.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7/1 Equator HD: [FONT=arial, helvetica]Ultimate Journeys: Micronesia http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/progr...=3518882&series_id=3526854&dbKey=EP8350860005[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-2](Travel) The unexplored marine worlds in the land at the end of the rainbow known as Micronesia. [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
FilmFest: [FONT=arial, helvetica]U2: Rattle and Hum http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/program.asp?partner_id=national&prog_id=3182330&dbKey=MV0259380000[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-2]**+ (1988, Doc) Irish rock band: on tour, in Harlem, at Graceland, in concert. PG-13 [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

7/2 Gallery: [FONT=arial, helvetica]Artstar 5 http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/program.asp?partner_id=national&prog_id=3525518&dbKey=SH8357080000[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-2](Reality) [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
FilmFest: [FONT=arial, helvetica]La Bamba http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/program.asp?partner_id=national&prog_id=488619&dbKey=MV0223680000[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-2]*** (1987, Bio) Mexican-American Ritchie Valens becomes a rock 'n' roll star, then dies at 17 in a 1959 plane crash. PG-13 [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

7/3 Filmfest: [FONT=arial, helvetica]Wild in the Streets http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/program.asp?partner_id=national&prog_id=2080659&dbKey=MV0080930000[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-2]*** (1968, Comedy) [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

7/4 Filmfest: The Kids Are Alright [SIZE=-2]*** (1979, Doc) [/SIZE]
familyroom: [FONT=arial, helvetica]The Dark House http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/program.asp?partner_id=national&prog_id=3529756&dbKey=SH6099820000[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-2](Talk / Tabloid) [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

7/8 MOnstersHd: [FONT=arial, helvetica]The Cyclops http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/program.asp?partner_id=national&prog_id=3085280&dbKey=MV0154040000[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-2]** (1957, SciFi) [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
filmfest: [FONT=arial, helvetica]The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/program.asp?partner_id=national&prog_id=1837487&dbKey=MV1218100000[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-2]**+ (2002, Drama) [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Prom Queen: The Marc Hall Story http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/program.asp?partner_id=national&prog_id=3544378&dbKey=MV1558930000[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-2]** (2004, Doc) [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]The Doom Generation http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/program.asp?partner_id=national&prog_id=1582650&dbKey=MV0415590000[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-2]**+ (1995, Drama) [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
7/9: filmfest [FONT=arial, helvetica]The Greatest Story Ever Told http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/program.asp?partner_id=national&prog_id=1617551&dbKey=MV0071530000[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-2]**+ (1965, Drama)[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]<O:p</O:p

Beautiful Noise on RAVE sounds like something I'm gonna absolutely love. (I wonder if Neil Diamond gets any money for the title). And to see that the second episode features "Fiest" has me so excited I could crap myself. But would it kill them to spell the woman's name right? It's Feist. F-e-i-s-t. Leslie Feist. And she has a ton of talent. Don't miss her.
http://www.listentofeist.com/SITE/main.asp

Oh, and...Jaws. Cool.:D

Also hoping I'll still be enjoying Artstar in July.

And hoping FilmFest will be returned to non-007 movies.

I checked out Kathleen Edwards (the chick who'll be featured on the first Beautiful Noise on RAVE) here:
http://www.kathleenedwards.com/home.shtml
(click on "music" and you can listen to songs and/or watch videos)

Pleasant enough, but seemed pretty ordinary to me at first listen. I'll still be trying to watch it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)