jumping ship over broken promises?

nemisis633

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
Hey everyone,

Just got off the phone with a CSR and their new tune is "first half of 2005". Is anyone else considering jumping ship over the broken promises? It's so frustrating to me cause I signed up for voom based on the news they would have a DVR in march. My mom has one for free with dish network..

Jon

I will not jump ship yet. I have been waiting for over a year for the RSN's. I will give them until July to have the RSN's and a DVR. If not, I will book.

According to Scott Greczkowski, VOOM never said that the DVR would be available on March. It was some of the Motorola employees at the VOOM booth during CES.
Anyway, good luck with dishnetwork and their promises

Voom without a DVR is still better than any other service out there; no matter what the other service has.

I will stay with Voom no matter what.

1080iBeVuMin said:
Voom without a DVR is still better than any other service out there; no matter what the other service has.

I will stay with Voom no matter what.

I agree. I mainly got Voom for the premium channels and with 2 feeds of them its hard not to find a movie whenever I want. IMO this is the one service so far that offers enough HD content to where I can live without a DVR. D* or E* on the other hand is pure torture without an HD DVR.

nemisis633 said:
Hey everyone,

Just got off the phone with a CSR and their new tune is "first half of 2005". Is anyone else considering jumping ship over the broken promises? It's so frustrating to me cause I signed up for voom based on the news they would have a DVR in march. My mom has one for free with dish network..

Jon

When I was young, I had a friend who was 4 who said he was running away from home because his dad promised him a new bicycle. Now his dad just lost his job but the boy didn't know what that had to do with his promise of a new bicycle.

6 months later when he dad got a new job...the boy got is bicycle.

gutter said:
When I was young, I had a friend who was 4 who said he was running away from home because his dad promised him a new bicycle. Now his dad just lost his job but the boy didn't know what that had to do with his promise of a new bicycle.

But you forget that the boy can't just leave his father. Current Voom subscribers CAN leave. Your point is irrelevant.

Now that voOm is still below 50,000 subscribers they are in a very good position to quickly roll out DVRs to their subscribers. This would be much more difficult if voOm had a larger subscriber base and was in the same position. VoOm is in a surprisingly agile position in this market due to the lower sub numbers and their latest push to attract more subscribers. You should keep this in mind before you cancel your service. I can see why you are frustrated but if you throw in the towel now, how are you going to feel in 2-3 months from now when you see all the voOmers on this board bragging about their networked DVRs?

kbohip said:
But you forget that the boy can't just leave his father. Current Voom subscribers CAN leave. Your point is irrelevant.
His point was not irrelevant. Yes he could not leave however, here in the voom forum almost all of us threaten to leave in so many days/weeks if we don't get what we want. However, when the time comes around we're still here. I was doing some reading on the web about voom and they said that the channels they've been adding over the past several weeks were supposed to out late last year. So they're less than 3 months late, but if you factor in what has been happening ever since January 20 it would be no surprise if voom had never added these channels until voom seperated from cablevision. So even though voom's promises didn't come on time, they came anyway. That was hit point.

Walter L. said:
According to Scott Greczkowski, VOOM never said that the DVR would be available on March. It was some of the Motorola employees at the VOOM booth during CES.
VOOM said they would have the DVR out NLT June 2004 then NLT Nov 2004 then before Xmas then march 2004 and not till June 2005 or was that 2006 ... And Charles can not understand why not many folks do not have VOOM in there homes.. It is from broken promises...

Nope Voom is still best hd there is out period,I would not go to Dish or D** atm even if they offered me a free dvr,I will wait till they get it released.

On a positive note I called and expressed my interest in switching to Cox digital cable as a result of the lack of DVR. The manager then offered me 2 months free of va-va service.. (which is what im paying for right now). I think thats enough to keep me on board if this thing comes out in the mean time.

I have lambasted VOOM regarding their Missing inAction (MiA) DVR in post like this one. If their DVR were in the military, I would write it up for taking an Unauthorized Absence (UA) or Absent WithOut Leave (AWOL) for your Army types. However, these concerns have taken a back seat do to VOOMs uncertain operating environment.

To cut to the quick, should VOOM survive we are all expecting to see VOOM's DVR report for duty very soon. If not, many of us will consider the DVR to be in violation of Article 85 (Desertion) of the Uniform Code of VOOM Forum Justice (UCVFJ)...and VOOM HD LLC to be in Dereliction of Duty having violated Article 92 (Failure to Obey a Subscriber Order) of the Uniform Code of VOOM Forum Justice (UCVFJ). :rolleyes:

nemisis633 said:
Hey everyone,

Jon

I have the Dish Network DVR and am moving to VOOM with or without a VOOM DVR. At least VOOM has HIGH DEF .

Walter L. said:

I thought he said this:

"The DVR is real and working, again the features not working were the simple features all the hard work is done. I expect VOOM will meet its goal of getting the DVR out the door by the end of March.

I guess SatGuys knows which side their bread is buttered on.

gutter said:

1. VOOM is still getting paid.

2. We have been waiting more than 6 months.

dragon002 said:
hey rif,

try this one,,,,,,DOA

dragon
Nope! I won't revert to such draconian tactics...or should I say dragonian tactics. The DVR is, without a doubt, currently in beta and so close to being released that I can almost touch it this very instant ;) ;) Now if VOOM can just bring this little piggy to market, break away from Cablevision, find funding for the next 18-24 months, and hire a decent marketing firm then perhaps they have a shot.

riffjim4069 said:
Nope! I won't revert to such draconian tactics...or should I say dragonian tactics. The DVR is, without a doubt, currently in beta and so close to being released that I can almost touch it this very instant ;) ;) Now if VOOM can just bring this little piggy to market, break away from Cablevision, find funding for the next 18-24 months, and hire a decent marketing firm then perhaps they have a shot.
BINGO!!! :D Vicki

so you are saying at this late point FOUR MORE things have to happen even to give this service a chance??

and you have ergen and murdock out there?

with 25,000,000 subs!

and this all comes crashing down if ergen says no OR the FCC says yes?

two more variables!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and jim is still in charge?! they are looking for a way out of the law suits!!!

dragon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts