just a Idea

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jagee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Ive read on another forum they have set up to where are you from,But it is only for country. it looks like,If it would be possible id like to see it go a little further here,As saying where arer you from as to City and State,That would be so cool,Atleast i don't mind saying where im from,Hope others don't either,At least give it a try.Like maybe a directory or something ,Let me know you input on this.

I know you have been having a difficult time setting up your dish.

This forum would be a good place to ask if someone could help you set up the arc on your dish. You might want to post a thread on this forum saying what area you live in and asking if anyone can help you or would know someone who could.

Some people on these forums would do this for free. Others might charge something.

Its not about the dish anymore my wife and i were talking and thought know were others are would be pretty cool,It was just an idea.Ill get the dish,set up sooner or later im not much worried about that,I admit i was over obsessing my wife said so i thought id change the pace a little LOL You guys are the help i need wether i know were your at pr not.

Ive read on another forum they have set up to where are you from,But it is only for country. it looks like,If it would be possible id like to see it go a little further here,As saying where arer you from as to City and State,That would be so cool,Atleast i don't mind saying where im from,Hope others don't either,At least give it a try.Like maybe a directory or something ,Let me know you input on this.

Your location is optional on this forum. If you fill it in on your profile, it will be displayed in the upper-right corner of the message box with your other stats.

Willl time to go out and obsess once again before she see me and yells at me,

Does TP also mean Freq. I checked with google and found nothing in lygnsat doesn't it,Cause if it does my receiver has 3 TP's for AMC and there not located in lyngsat. Grrrr!

Last edited:
Does TP also mean Freq. I checked with google and found nothing in lygnsat doesn't it,Cause if it does my receiver has 3 TP's for AMC and there not located in lyngsat. Grrrr!

TP means transponder. PBS is on transponders 21,23 and 24 on AMC 3. Yes, different frequencies also. Most C band satellites have 24 and KU may have 32. In the analog days, the transponder was the channel.

TP 21-12120 Mhz horizontal polarity
23-12145 horiz.
24-12180 vertical.

(I hope this isn't hijacking a post.)

Stating your location can help quite a bit. This was brought up on a forum for the Asia Pacific region that I have contributed to. You don't even have to put your city or town but even a region or state can help and can paint a bit of picture without having to give to much away. For instance, when it comes to "can i get this channel...." saves the old "so where abouts are you....?"

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)