just a noob question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rbh

Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
i was looking at this software hardware package and had a question. if a person already has a sat radio player, pioneer xm2go airwave, and they have a subscription, how would you use it with the xm direct? from what i could tell the xm direct has its own id, like it is an actual reciever, that just feeds the info to a compatible car radio head unit. so if someone has a subscription are they able to set-up the xm direct with their id from their pioneer that they have subscribed?

rbh said:
i was looking at this software hardware package and had a question. if a person already has a sat radio player, pioneer xm2go airwave, and they have a subscription, how would you use it with the xm direct? from what i could tell the xm direct has its own id, like it is an actual reciever, that just feeds the info to a compatible car radio head unit. so if someone has a subscription are they able to set-up the xm direct with their id from their pioneer that they have subscribed?

Your subscription from XM is based on ID, the ID is a permanment part of the RADIO and thats how its all kept together. Your current ID from the Pioneer is your first unit. If you were to get something that worked with TT, then you would ADD that radio as a secondary unit, pay XM the extra $$ and then you have 2 seperate radios activated with XM. You send TT money and the Radio ID of the compatible unit with their software.

Bottom line, the units are completely seperate and independant

well, thats what i was thinking but didnt know for sure. i record xm now with just a simple line out to my sound card and it works fine, just don't get tag info which is what i was looking to fix. oh well, not worth this much money and a second sub just to get tag info :) thanks pn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts