Just another DISH rant

Brewer

Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Seattle
Had DISH T120 for years . The Hopper was fast and intuitive, and to be honest I was quite impressed. I had a Joey in the Master and couldn't be happier with my $55 package. Well, after a while, the price just kept creeping up... Pretty soon I was paying over $75 per month for the T120 and no premiums and my Hopper was getting long i the tooth. Called DISH and unlike previous conversations that resulted in something positive, they had nothing to offer. Went back to Comcast.

While I liked the X1, I found it a bit less user friendly than the Hopper. I stuck with it for a few years, but the price started creeping up (don't they all?) past my comfort level. That's when I got a call from DISH wanting my business back. They offered Top 120 Plus for two years, one Hopper and one Joey, with a year of HBO free for $65 including taxes! I jumped on the deal because HBO was really the only premium I was interested in. They said it would be $10 per month after one year.

Well to start with, the bill was NEVER $65. Always was $75 or more even though nothing changed. 3 months later, no more HBO, and the bill goes up to $85. Called numerous times and even chatted but was only ever offered a lower package to get the bill down to what was offered initially!

Also, new Hopper was a glitchy mess. Slow, difficult to navigate and search and NOTHING like the old cool Hopper. I'm like WTF?

Cancelled out of fustration and of course get hit with $400 early termination. Fighting that with my CC company but still a PITA.

Buyer Beware.

Had DISH T120 for years . The Hopper was fast and intuitive, and to be honest I was quite impressed. I had a Joey in the Master and couldn't be happier with my $55 package. Well, after a while, the price just kept creeping up... Pretty soon I was paying over $75 per month for the T120 and no premiums and my Hopper was getting long i the tooth. Called DISH and unlike previous conversations that resulted in something positive, they had nothing to offer. Went back to Comcast.

While I liked the X1, I found it a bit less user friendly than the Hopper. I stuck with it for a few years, but the price started creeping up (don't they all?) past my comfort level. That's when I got a call from DISH wanting my business back. They offered Top 120 Plus for two years, one Hopper and one Joey, with a year of HBO free for $65 including taxes! I jumped on the deal because HBO was really the only premium I was interested in. They said it would be $10 per month after one year.

Well to start with, the bill was NEVER $65. Always was $75 or more even though nothing changed. 3 months later, no more HBO, and the bill goes up to $85. Called numerous times and even chatted but was only ever offered a lower package to get the bill down to what was offered initially!

Also, new Hopper was a glitchy mess. Slow, difficult to navigate and search and NOTHING like the old cool Hopper. I'm like WTF?

Cancelled out of fustration and of course get hit with $400 early termination. Fighting that with my CC company but still a PITA.

Buyer Beware.
I actually called to cancel and I've come to find out that they haven't cancelled my service yet. I had a 2 year contract 3 years ago and they still wanted to charge me to cancel. I'm going to have to call again to cancel which is disappointing.

Yes DISH tells us how friendly they are. In my case I activated an old receiver while waiting for an exchange to take place, I didn't want to be without programming so I activated an owned receiver from my closet and deactivated it when the replacement arrived. No problem just a small prorated charge. THREE MONTHS LATER DISH decides they owned the receiver and tried to charge $199 for non return of their property. Thank heavens for the office of the president and a CSR that had noted that I owned the receiver I temporarily activated.

Write your attorney general. Say dish lied to you which usually will cancel out the contract.

Worse case just challenge them on it, and ask to see a signed copy.

As far as Comcast, look into the TIVO bolt. Using that and an owned modem the price is very reasonable.

I actually watch Comcast with my TiVo more then I do my free Directv

Reactions: pattykay and Brewer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)