Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
And resigned up again because of Voom's demise,
This is the dumbest thing I ever eard. I had to get D* reinstalled and sign a 1 year contract, before I could order HD so the guy will have to make 2 trips to change the dish. She said the guy would come Saturday. After he is thru I have to call back and order HD.. so new customers have to do the same thing I guess, Because you just can call and order D* HD. Like sands thru the hour glass, so does the HDTV in our Homes.... :cool:

Funny, I am putting my equipment back up this weekend and I called D* a week ago, the CSR said once its up they will turn it back on. No contract, no cost. I will be month to month.

same here i called them up and reactivated over the phone no problems.I even used a different receiver with my old card.

Plywodstatebum said:
And resigned up again because of Voom's demise,
This is the dumbest thing I ever eard. I had to get D* reinstalled and sign a 1 year contract, before I could order HD so the guy will have to make 2 trips to change the dish. She said the guy would come Saturday After he is thru I have to call back and order HD so new customers have to do the same thing I guess, Because you just can call and order D* HD. Like sands thru the hour glass, so does the HDTV in our Homes.... :cool:
Try another CSR sounds like yours didn't know what they were doing. :)

Tonedeaf said:
Don't forget about the $200 mail in rebate for coming to D* from Voom.

REBATE

Im not even going to do that. That requires a 1 yr commitment, and frankly Ive heard they offer existing month to month customers deals anyway to sign 1 yr contracts. Anyway Im month to month, Ill give them until 12/05 and if they havent added TNTHD by then, screwem Im gone again.

I too am looking for an HD provider now that Voom went belly up. I dropped D* about one year ago. I think I am going to go with D* based mostly on future expectations. I had a local dealer quote $1500.00 to install the D* HD-DVR receiver. Does that seem to be areasonable price or am I taking it in the shorts? Thanks in advance.

The HDTivo is only 999 retail and far cheaper than that if you look around. What on earth is the other $500 for?

$1500?? To quote the great Keith Jackson, WHOA NELLIE!!

I think VE sells them for around $800.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)