Just Canceled

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Satellite Radio' started by Scott Greczkowski, Nov 13, 2018.

1. jegrant

jegrant SatelliteGuys Pro

Here is a question: I currently have the $4.99/month billed monthly promo, which with taxes/fees/royalties comes out to $6.98/month charged. This is for streaming only. So, under the new SiriusXM packages, will they give me the "new" Select plan that includes a hardware XM radio plus the free streaming for the same $4.99/mo promo rate? Or would that only give me a choice of radio OR streaming, as they did before? Because I might be willing to call in and change my plan if I can get 1 radio plus streaming for the same price I pay now for streaming only. But there's no sense in trying if they won't do it.

2. Claude Greiner

Claude Greiner SatelliteGuys Master Supporting Founder

Sad thing is that it’s not worth more than the $6.98

I don’t believe people actually pay $20 for this garbage.

3. Jimbo

Jimbo SatelliteGuys Master Lifetime Supporter

I listen to my Sirius the most, right now, during the year, while football season is here ... now if I could buy it for 4 month out of the year, that would be great, but thats not happening.

4. Don in CT

Don in CT SatelliteGuys Pro

I wish I could get Stern for that price alone. The fact that they won't give me a 12 month offer with Stern is a no deal.

5. jegrant

jegrant SatelliteGuys Pro

Update: I called in, and it took several threats to cancel, but I ended up getting XM Select in my car and on streaming and I'm still paying $6.98/month billed monthly, total cost charged to my card.
    I do think $7/mo is all it's worth, and it's only worth that much because they're throwing in the streaming. Amazon offers me (because I have prime) their full music catalog for $7.99/mo and I was considering cancelling SXM in favor of that.

If they kept the sound quality and music selection that XM Radio had, it would still be worth closer to $10/mo in my view.

6. navychop

navychop Member of the Month - July 2014! Pub Member / Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, if you think it’s worth it, it’s worth it.

I prefer to not deal with the hassle of canceling and renewing. Been that route. And quite frankly, we never used them much. Their traffic is worthless. We use Pandora instead.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

7. hwkn

hwkn SatelliteGuys Master

I called earlier today to get a new deal for the all access package[my latest one expires on the 25th]The old one was for $135.84 the new one is for $173.18 for the next year including fees and taxes.[it's still better than paying full price]

Separate names with a comma.

More...