Just found my old Toshiba C band Sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
Was talking to an old GF tonight and somehow the old satellite system we shared came up ( That was where my old Toshiba WAS....)...She wanted to take it all to the dump including an old 8 ft solid painted,fiberglass dish AND COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET RID OF IT (was a useless POS then!).
Anyway, I offered to remove the dish, and cut it up with a reciprocating saw so she could get rid of it easily with her live in boyfriend, who hates that BUD (a good guy though), in return for that receiver and whatever LNB was there, plus a VCII+ module which I have begun collecting (for some reason, and refurbing them..) Reminessing I guess!
The receiver was Toshiba's Top of the line Analog unit with the GREAT orange tracking display:D ....Can't wait to get it...don't know why, but I want it! Will be a nice momento!:cool: ( maybe a C band museum)

That toshiba was one really great unit for it's time. I will also do the battery job on the VCII if it is still alive...Just a little more fun!

gizzer777 said:
Was talking to an old GF tonight and somehow the old satellite system we shared came up ( That was where my old Toshiba WAS....)...She wanted to take it all to the dump including an old 8 ft solid painted,fiberglass dish AND COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET RID OF IT (was a useless POS then!).
Anyway, I offered to remove the dish, and cut it up with a reciprocating saw so she could get rid of it easily with her live in boyfriend, who hates that BUD (a good guy though), in return for that receiver and whatever LNB was there, plus a VCII+ module which I have begun collecting (for some reason, and refurbing them..) Reminessing I guess!
The receiver was Toshiba's Top of the line Analog unit with the GREAT orange tracking display:D ....Can't wait to get it...don't know why, but I want it! Will be a nice momento!:cool: ( maybe a C band museum)
That toshiba was one really great unit for it's time. I will also do the battery job on the VCII if it is still alive...Just a little more fun!

Maybe someone may want the dish?

NOT this one!

tdti1 said:
Maybe someone may want the dish?

Had given it some thought but this one is really messed up and useless...out of round, warped, holes etc!

I am basically out of touch until DSL is back...I am writing from Dialup but must leave the line open!
Thanx
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts