Just got a BUD!! Now to set it up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maf12

Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
Phoenix AZ
I just picked up a BUD this week. I got a deal I could not pass up. I have been wanting to set up a C-Band system for a while. I can't stand the picture quality of the little dish or cable and I know what C-Band has to offer. This is what I got 7.5 ft Echostar black mesh dish it came with a new Superjack 24" actuator, 7 ft pole, C/KU band Chaparral feedhorn with LNBs an extra Chaparral C-Band only feedhorn with LNB extra servos and a KU LNB. I also got 100 ft of cable all in this deal. Now to start digging the hole to get the pole set and find a good deal on a 4DTV 922 reciever. I believe NPS still has them for $399.

Last edited:
maf12 said:
I just picked up a BUD this week. I got a deal I could not pass up. I have been wanting to set up a C-Band system for a while. I can't stand the picture quality of the little dish or cable and I know what C-Band has to offer. This is what I got 7.5 ft Echostar black mesh dish it came with a new Superjack 24" actuator, 7 ft pole, C/KU band Chaparral feedhorn with LNBs an extra Chaparral C-Band only feedhorn with LNB extra servos and a KU LNB. I also got 100 ft of cable all in this deal. Now to start digging the hole to get the pole set and find a good deal on a 4DTV 922 reciever. I believe NPS still has them for $399.

Sounds good the more subs we get the better for us :)

welcome to the BUD world! I dumped d* last year and put my big dish up in the summer. Couldn't be happier.

Be sure to post any questions you have. there are some very knowledgable people here who helped me out a lot.

Excellent!

I looked at your picture and thought 'Wow - that could be my yard!' - sure enough you are in Phoenix too.

Do you need an analog receiver to play with until you pick up a 922? You could use it to get your dish tracking :). I have a couple...

I'm up near where I-17 and the 101 loop meets.

<edit>
I thought you name looked familiar! I looked back and now I'll say:

I'm glad you found one! Did you get it via Freecyle?
</edit>

Last edited:
welcome...

maf12 said:

Hi there...

Welcome to mushroom land!

Last time I looked, NPS and Skyvision still had the deal on them! Of course you still have to order $150 in programing and if needed, get a VC+ or VCRS module for analog subs in VCII. Analog's days appear to be numbered, but I still have a few analog subsscriptions.

Not a bad deal....Fresh 922 4DTV and warranty give you a secure feeling! I did the deeed last month and still have my original 920! (with a new battery!)

IMHO you definitely want a 922 4DTV. You will need a decent LNB SINCE DIGITAL ALLOWS foe LESS "SLOP" WHEN TUNING...KU, EVEN LESS!!

Yours may just foot the bill! Depending on your location, 7.5 ft is borderline for BUDS..(Mine is 8ft in Reno,NV and does great on almost all but the worst of signals.!), a Good LNB is worth its weight in gold to a "smaller" BUD!)

I also added an HDD200 (Hi Def) decoder and WOW....really nice!

Suggest you read the Faq for lots of info on the BUD and 4DTV....lots of great links and info to help you!

Cheers to DEFERGIE for we really needed that Faq!!!!!!

Jeff

Shawn95GT said:
Excellent!
I looked at your picture and thought 'Wow - that could be my yard!' - sure enough you are in Phoenix too.
Do you need an analog receiver to play with until you pick up a 922? You could use it to get your dish tracking :). I have a couple...
I'm up near where I-17 and the 101 loop meets.
<edit>
I thought you name looked familiar! I looked back and now I'll say:
I'm glad you found one! Did you get it via Freecyle?
</edit>
I did not have any luck with Freecycle and did not want to wait any longer for one to post there. It was alot faster just to go find a BUD on my own.
On those extra analog recievers you have let me know what you might want for one and I would be glad to come pick one up.

maf12 said:
I did not have any luck with Freecycle and did not want to wait any longer for one to post there. It was alot faster just to go find a BUD on my own.
On those extra analog recievers you have let me know what you might want for one and I would be glad to come pick one up.
I'll shoot you a PM. Free is always good :).

Shawn

A couple of movie lines come to mind

Gary Murrell said:
I am coming soon also, can't wait for those untouched HBO/StarZ Showtime HD channels, F&*$ you Dish Network
-Gary

Wow, never knew there was this much interest in BUDS! <glad to see>

2 movie tag lines seem to come to mind!

"STEP INTO THE LIGHT"

"COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE!"

To those just starting...welcome and you have no idea what you have been missing!
Jeff

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)