Just got a PNP3 and signed up with Sirius...couple questions.

jrudicel

Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
North Vernon, IN
I went and got a Audiovox PNP3 and a home kit the other day at Circuit City. After hooking it up at workk with the home kit, I was a little diappointed in its reception with the antenna. I had to take the antena outside to get a good signal. It kept saying "Aquiring Signal" frequently otherwise. Is this normal? The antenna is "Weather Resistant" I think. Does that mean this antenna can stay totally outside in the rain, or not? I then took it home and tried it in the house. Same results. Seems I will have to run the antenna outside I guess. I also tried using the FM mod function to send it to another radio in the house. Was kinda staticy and it only had to send it 20 feet or less in the other room.
Just curious what to expect or if theres something wrong with it. I am wanting to put a car kit in the vehicle in a few days as well, hopefully that will work better. Wondering also if the Sportster model would have been any better?
Thanks alot!

Just a quick note - the FM modulators on these units are meant to transmit a few feet, not between rooms.

It sounds like you do not have a repeater in your area. You will need to place the antenna where it can see the sky. I have had a home kit antenna outside my duaghter's window in the flower bed for almost a year with no problems. This antenna is for her Audiovox Boom Box. I have a spare antenna that I use when she lets me "borrow" her boom box to go fishing.

I also installed a Terk SIR6 antenna on my DISH Network dish pole for my Kenwood DT 7000S home tuner. I have had no dropouts since on both radios.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)