Just got a vip722dvr need help

Thedudesrug

Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Owosso
Just got a vip722dvr and I have a superdish with a dp34. Can I use this set up and how. I have been able to get it to recognize 119 &110 but not bolth at the same time. Any thoughts??? Please help!!!! Need hocky lol

Superdish is not current. You most likely need a 1000.2 Western Arc (WA) setup. 110, 119, 129.

Ok I found them for like 50 bucks on ebay. If I buy one im wondering if I can get the 1000.4 and get the 77&72 or whatever they are because I have large trees in the back yard and would get a much better view if I could put it out front

Ok I found them for like 50 bucks on ebay. If I buy one im wondering if I can get the 1000.4 and get the 77&72 or whatever they are because I have large trees in the back yard and would get a much better view if I could put it out front

You will want to get 77, 72, & 61.5 to get all the programming from the Eastern Arc. The 722 DVR is companionable with this installation but if you want additional reciever, they must be MPEG4 or HD receivers only. Good Luck!

And while you're deciding what to do, you can also plug two output ports of your DP34 directly (no separator) into the two tuners of your 722 and get all that your superdish is getting now.

So is it because I do not have 2 lines going from the dp34 outputs to the reciever's 2 inputs that I am not able to get 119&110 at the same time ? Or is it just that I am not pointing the dish correctly? I have a signal meter and used to install dish about 10 years ago wich is why I find it hard to believe that I am having such trouble. then again I wouldnt b suprised im no pro and a little out of practice. I should also mention that the setup I have now is a superdish pointed 119&110 into ports 1&2 of the dp34 and a dish 500 pointed 61.5 into port 3 of the dp34 and 1 line out of the dp34 to a vip211 reciever. The 211 broke wich is why I bought the new vip722dvr. Can I use this equiptment for the 722?

So is it because I do not have 2 lines going from the dp34 outputs to the reciever's 2 inputs that I am not able to get 119&110 at the same time?

Correct. You need a separate line for each tuner on DishPro equipment. It requires DishPro Plus, such as a DPP33, to feed dual tuner receivers with a single coax.

I see so with what I got I can run another line to the reciever and get 119&110 just not my 61.5 because the reciever only has two sat inputs. Now is the 61.5 just for the local hd stuff? Will I still get most of my channels with 119&110 untill I upgrade my dish?

No no! Run the two lines to your DP34, not to your LNBs, and you will get all your sats as you did for your 211.

Indeed, there is not much (if any) national HD on 61.5. You would do better swinging it to 72.7 or better still 129.

Right sorry thats what I meant is another line from the dp34 to the reciever. What im wondering is if I can have 3 sats from 2 dishes into the dp34 and 2 lines from the dp34 to reciever. Will the reciever recogognize all three sats or only two because there are only two lines from dp34 to the reciever

Yes, that is exactly what a DP34 was built for: 3 sat locations (the switch doesn't care which 3) go in, and 4 tuner outputs go to 4 tuners. If two tuners are in the same receiver, the switch doesn't care about that either.

Dish wants everybody to be on one arc or another, depending upon which DMA you are in. I don't think your superdish will work for Eastern Arc, so that is why I was recommending 129 for your wing dish IF you have line of sight. If no LOS to 129, or else you're in an Eastern Arc DMA, or else you don't care if you get locals via sat or not, then an Eastern Arc dish is the best solution.

I'm in Montrose (N. of Flint) and had to switch from WA/1000.2/110,119,129 to EA/1000.4/61.5/72/77 a couple of years ago due to large trees to my West. Both 110 & 129 gave me big problems (especially in the Spring/Summer) because of the trees. EA/1000.4 solved that for me, it points SE. Almost all HD is now on 129 or 72. I'd suggest you go for that EA dish. You won't need a switch (it's built in) and you'll only need one coax run to your receiver with a separator. Good luck!

Ed