Just got my Pocketdish today...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
so far... my SD dvr recordings transfered without a problem... my mp3's are working... more as I investigate more....

Scott, I wonder why you had problems with the mp3s in your review. So far all my mp3s have been playing without a single problem. I have even ripped a few more using a third party freeware and so far it has been quite good. I love the dishpocket. Now I can categorize my mp3s into folders and take them with me.

All MP3's are working for me now, I am guessing they did some kind of software update which was transfered to the pocketDish when I synced it with my 942.

The only ones it wont play are the ones I purchased from ITunes. :(

I guess I do not have that problem. I have never purchased mp3s from itunes. But then again I am not a music freak. There's one type of music that I like and my taste is very limited. I need to check how the RV feed will be from DirecTv or 942 HD signal.

I played around with the AudioCorder but did not find it very useful since it outputs a WAV file and those are huge. I guess you can use this feature as micro-recorder as long as you have a small microphone. But anything else it is just a waste of space with those WAV files.

Scott Greczkowski said:
All MP3's are working for me now, I am guessing they did some kind of software update which was transfered to the pocketDish when I synced it with my 942.

The only ones it wont play are the ones I purchased from ITunes. :(

That figures, now where am I gonna get those unshown "Nightstalker" episodes ?:rolleyes:
I don't really know much about the whole IPod scene but apparently they're the place to download missed network programs. I would think Dish is really missing out if they don't work with them.

i love the pocketdish- i have the small one-its a great size.. i have question maybe you guys can help me- how do you get the album cover (pic) to show up on the music info-, thanks james

Here's one problem I have encountered so far using the DirecTivo and RV option. The DirecTivo does not output the HD and SD signal simultaneously. It is a pain to change to 480i and then dealing with the aspect ratio of the signal. It is quite a problem. The RV signal is not so hot either. I do not know whether it had to do with the composite signal coming from the receiver or the one going into the pocketdish.

I thought a way for the the AudioCorder to be useful. I usually listen to sports talk shows but many times cannot tune in. I am going to use the AudioCorder to record the sports talk show and then listen to it coming back to work. with the ability of skipping the commercials (which are crazy on radio) this should be useful.

Here's a way to record the digital OTA channels. I have an ATI wonder card. I get all the locals through the card. If you record those chanels in Home Theater format (mpeg-4), you will be able to transfer the file to the pocketdish and it will play on the pocketdish. If for some reason you also want to record the HD signal, you can do the same with mpeg-4 format which downgrades the HD signal. I think this solution is better than real-live because you can record to the pc and then grab the file and transfer to pocketdish.

Sean Mota said:
Here's a way to record the digital OTA channels. I have an ATI wonder card. I get all the locals through the card. If you record those chanels in Home Theater format (mpeg-4), you will be able to transfer the file to the pocketdish and it will play on the pocketdish. If for some reason you also want to record the HD signal, you can do the same with mpeg-4 format which downgrades the HD signal. I think this solution is better than real-live because you can record to the pc and then grab the file and transfer to pocketdish.

My PC card records everything as TS I suppose if I convert them to MPEG4 then the PD will be able to play them?

the file extension has to be .avi... it is worth a try. The composite/S-video live solution does not have a very clean video. This method has a clean video.

One more solution for the SD satellite/cable channels. If you can get composite/svideo solution from the satellite/cable receiver to an ATI card or myhd card, qnd you could record the program on mpeg4 (.avi extension) and transfer the file to the pocketdish, the transfer is so clean that it looks identical to dowloading the file from the 942. This is the best solution for non-dish compatible dvrs if you want to have a clean file. I am doing it right now with an ATI wonder card.

Found a problem with the mpeg4 files created with ATI wonder. After you reach 4minutes and 35 seconds of playback on the pocketdish, the skip commercial button does not work. If you try to use after 4minutes and 35 seconds into the file, it will kick you back to the beginning of the file. The same happens with the FF button. This is a big inconvinience. I do not know why it will do that. If you do not click on either button the playback will continue without a problem.

The same does not happen for Dish DVR files or file created through the RV docket station.

I tested another .avi file that someone made and it did not the problem with the 4min and 35 seconds disabling the skip and ff function. It looks like this maybe a problem with how the ATI Wonder card makes those .avi files. I may have to do more tests to see if I can find the source of the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts