Just got my XM Radio

Decker87

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
Hi. I have all the equipment to ge tmy radio working, I just need to activate.

I have one large problem, there's no way to mount this thing in my car! All I have is basically horizontal space and controls. The swivel mount is obviously designed for a vertical surface. Does anyone have epxerience with this problem? I don't want to have to reach all the way to the pass. side to change the tunes!

Also, on a sidenote, is the status of XM as bad as it seems? Everyone is preaching doom!

161og.jpg

Decker87 said:
Also, on a sidenote, is the status of XM as bad as it seems? Everyone is preaching doom!

Yes. What the heck made you get XM?

But to actually help you. My friend has a mount that sticks into the AC vent shown right there in your pic

Right, but that mount is only for solid vents, not ones that move up or down.

Hmm, I was really hoping there'd be a way to just stand it up. Maybe I'll buy some L-brackets at Lowe's and ghetto rig it.

You need a vent mount, which should have come with the car kit. The vent mount will clip into the vent. There's another piece (part of the vent mount) that you use like a kickstand. It adjusts the angle of your cradle. You then slide the SkyFi2 cradle onto the mount, then the SkyFi2 receiver into the cradle. I've installed one in my wife's Merc Sable.

Last edited:
frntchr said:
You need a vent mount, which should have come with the car kit. The vent mount will clip into the vent. There's another piece (part of the vent mount) that you use like a kickstand. It adjusts the angle of your cradle. You then slide the SkyFi2 cradle onto the mount, then the SkyFi2 receiver into the cradle. I've installed one in my wife's Merc Sable.

As I said, I do have a vent mount and have tried it. It simply doesn't work well in my car. However, I did come up with an even better solution, I will post pics when I am done.

I didnt see you mention what kind of car it is. That might help so we can get a better picture of what your dealing with. I saw mention if a pic but for some reason Im not seeing it.

Also yes XM is doomed and it may suddenly shut off and explode ;)

its true what you have been hearing about XM,at this point and time i would not walk away, i would run from XM.
THEIR FUTURE IS TO SHAKY RIGHT NOW.

Sigh...

Can anyone prove FACTUALY how XM is so shaky right now?

And if it was, why arent all the big brokerage firms rating XM a Sell?

Anyway, what type of car is that Decker? its a Chrysler product of some sort, one of the Vans maybe? or a Stratus?

PeterB said:
Sigh...

Can anyone prove FACTUALY how XM is so shaky right now?

And if it was, why arent all the big brokerage firms rating XM a Sell?

Anyway, what type of car is that Decker? its a Chrysler product of some sort, one of the Vans maybe? or a Stratus?

Better hurry up , there are still a few threads that you need to post the same comments on...

Naaa.. Im done really. Its pretty obvious nearly everyone here feels XM is about to go bust at any moment and Sirius is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Decker87 said:
Hi. I have all the equipment to ge tmy radio working, I just need to activate.

I have one large problem, there's no way to mount this thing in my car! All I have is basically horizontal space and controls. The swivel mount is obviously designed for a vertical surface. Does anyone have epxerience with this problem? I don't want to have to reach all the way to the pass. side to change the tunes!

There are several mounts avail that will work for you. Take a look at Bracketron, Arkon, Belkin and ProFit. To really help you need to identify the Make/model/year of the car and the model of XM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts