Just Got new 921 - Question on Setup

stuhuff

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
Well, bear with me please as I am new to this great forum, but here goes...

I currently have a dish 500 system with a 501, and 2 301's running. Just received my 921 and am waiting for my free installation that is scheduled for FEBRUARY 10TH! The long wait time between receiving the receiver and when I will be able to use it is killing me. My question is, how difficult is it to setup? Can I just run a cable from the free port on my quad switch, and then run two lines to the 921, an off air line to the 921, one line to the 501 and the last cable to a 301? Will it work and will I be able to get HD dignals?

Or will I need a second dish to get all the HD signals?

Help is appreciated?

Thanks! :no

stuhuff said:
Well, bear with me please as I am new to this great forum, but here goes...
Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US, stuhuff! :)
I currently have a dish 500 system with a 501, and 2 301's running. Just received my 921 and am waiting for my free installation that is scheduled for FEBRUARY 10TH! The long wait time between receiving the receiver and when I will be able to use it is killing me. My question is, how difficult is it to setup? Can I just run a cable from the free port on my quad switch, and then run two lines to the 921, an off air line to the 921, one line to the 501 and the last cable to a 301? Will it work and will I be able to get HD dignals?
All that is correct if I understood you correctly. Basically you'd be adding a fourth run from the switch into the house, and using that along with a sacrificed 301's run to put both into the 921's two tuner inputs. That's along with the OTA antenna connection as you mention.
Or will I need a second dish to get all the HD signals?
This depends on what packages you have and what you want to get. If your location receives your digital locals well over-the-air, you will be able to receive all HD content that is being broadcast by your local stations, with the right antenna setup. Most HD from Dish Network (which isn't very much) is on the normal 110 satellite that your Dish 500 dish is able to receive. If you need (and qualify for) the CBS HD channel, it will require another dish. Note that all Dish Network HD content requires additional programming packages (HBO & Showtime HD come with their normal subscriptions though).
Help is appreciated?
I hope help is appreciated. ;)
You're welcome, hope I could be of help. :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts