Just got new Fortec, thinking about motor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brians0105

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Ok, so I just forked out some money to buy a Fotec Lifetime Ultra from someone locally. I got it to be used with a motor later on this summer (to replace my satwork that doesn't accept motors.)

So I've got a questions about USALS (I think thats right?!?!?) Since I had a VERY HARD time finding my first and most important satellite (IA6) I was wondering if I could just put the motor on the mast then put the dish back on (pointing still at IA6.) Then could I go to my Lifetime and tell it that its pointed at IA6 (93 degrees W) and then it will catch all the other satellites?

Or am I really wrong and out of my mind?!??!

Thanks guys!

Nearly that easy! Go back to your true south satellite, remove dish. Add motor set elevation on motor. Put dish on motor, change elevation on dish to take into account the declination, re-peak your signal on your true south satellite and you are done outside! Everything is then done with USALS!

The motor comes with all the angles you need or let us know your zip and we can work them out for ya!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)