Just got Sirius w/ XACT Replay, How'd I Do?

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Hey guys well I bit the bullet and decided to get a Sirius XACT Replay XTR8CK.

I've been wanting to check out Howard and since I'll be doing a lot of 2.5 Hr weekend driving a figured it would be useful.

So how'd I do? Is the receiver I got pretty good? I just read somewhere that what I got can actually be made portable with a headphone/battery accessories, sounds, cool but is it practical?

Also the FM transmission has been pretty fuzzy unfortunetly. Of course this was in the driveway, on the highway I'm hoping the static will go down. But I noticed the receiver has an FM out connection, can that be used for an antenna extention or something?

Thanks for reading this :)

Well the drive up to Orlando didn't go to well the first half. Really fuzzy, it cleared up as I got closer.

I think my problem is that my car's FM antenna is pretty big so there were virtually no frequencies around that didn't have interference.

The XAct Replay is a nice Sirius unit.

The FM Out can be used for a kit called the Sirius FM Module Relay (see Circuit City or Best Buy's website for additional details). What this module does is that when your XAct Replay is powered up, it cuts the signal coming in from your exterior terrestrial antenna. Then, you should theoretically get better reception from using the FM Modulator built into the XAct Replay.

This is probably the best thing available if you would like to use the FM Modulator built into the Sirius unit.

Good luck.

BFG said:
Well the drive up to Orlando didn't go to well the first half. Really fuzzy, it cleared up as I got closer. I think my problem is that my car's FM antenna is pretty big so there were virtually no frequencies around that didn't have interference.

Is your antenna mast permanent or removable? Mine is motorized but I found myself listening to satellite so much I removed the cable lead to it which restricted my radio's reception to about 10' around the car; perfect for receiving noting but the XACT I have. I then decided to remove the electric cable to the motor so the mast did go up at all.

Last edited:
yes mine is motorized and I can't control it. Dunno if I wanna mess w/ it though.

Other thing I need to tackle is getting reception in my room :( I'm stuck in with only a south facing window and brick/concrete. I can't really put it outside because it will get messed with. there was a spot where i could get marginal TER signal but it kept fading.

I can understand that, but all the antenna lead and power control consist of are tiny snap or press fit clips. They are designed to be removed and replaced with ease.

Have you thought about a antenna ext cable? 50 extra feet should mount to your roof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts