Just got this email.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And your point is that DirecTV and Dish will catch up how many years after?

Having had HBO HD since it first fired up as the only sat HD channel, I know a little better the business motivations, and have more trust than "no compelling HD" Ergen and the no announcement DirecTV to know the value of an HD focused service. If you wait long enough many things will happen, like firewire, home video networking, etc.....

I think it's funny how in the eMail they are so proud to be a finalist in the best of show at CES from Tech TV. These idiots at Tech TV have been calling HDTV a scam on the American public and have broadcast false info on High Def for a couple of years, but they consider a all HD satellite company best of show! And VOOM thinks it's a real feather in their cap to be recognized by a company (TechTV) who don't have the slightest clue as to the High Def technology.

Cablevision thought they were real hot sh*t when they got an A+ for PC Magazine's broadband review a few years ago. You could not turn a corner without hearing how they got an A+. The marketing department exploited the award for all it was worth.
The only reason they got the award to begin with was because they were one of the first providers to distribute broadband. Once other providers caught up; their ranking fell way down. For example they don't provide web space and the news server and mail server crash all the time. Now they never talk about PC Magazines ranking anymore. Or anyones ranking for that matter.
The point of all this is that I am not suprised about the tone of the letter at all. Cablevision is very very very very quick to point out positive, and totally ignores the negative (or reality for that matter). But I guess that is the nature of marketing. Cablevision is just a slick character and people in our area are very reluctant to trust that company.
I just feel sympathy to the people who will have to experience the CV horrors and are outside the New York Metro Area. People outside our area are much more tusting and will learn the hard way of the Cablevision mindset. I am just upset it might give people a bad experience jumping into satellite.
I hope I am wrong but so much I have seen is just characteristically Cablevision. :Overpromise and Underperform: VOOM is run out of the same building as Cablevision Rainbow Media and Marketing so the cable mindset still exists.

In another thread I notice where DirecTv says that they want to be the HD leader and that they will only be adding quality HD content and not add HD content just to be adding HD just to have any type of HD content.

and where will you find the quality HD channels. Outside VOOM, I can tell you that only Cinemax and INHD 1 & 2 makes sense at this point. The rest (besides HBO, HDnet & HDnet Movies, DHDT) do not give you more than 2/hrs of HD per week. Let name a few: Starz-HD, Espn-HD, TMC-HD, Bravo-HD+, Show-HD and who knows what TNT-HD and ENCORE-HD will bring to the table. To me that's another excuse D* is using to not add more HD channels. We all know that most new HD channels will not have the HD content so what is D* talking about? I will assume from this statement that D* will be satisfied being the leader, in their own right, with just what they have right now plus the Local HD channels. To me that's not being the leader...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)