Just Got Time Warner...Need Some Help...

texasman

Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Texas
i just got the time warner dvr hd box...Explorer 8300HDC...its in a cabinet and i connected a ir sensor to it and the external it lights up as its connected but it doesnt work at all...is there something im missing?thanks for any help...

Assuming it is legit, the installer should have hung around and made sure it was working. Call customer service and make him come back out.

Assuming it is legit, the installer should have hung around and made sure it was working. Call customer service and make him come back out.

As long as you can change the channel on the box with the remote provided, then the installer did his job. Time Warner is not responsible for hooking up or troubleshooting 3rd party devices like IR blasters, home theater equipment, or universal remotes.

As long as you can change the channel on the box with the remote provided, then the installer did his job. Time Warner is not responsible for hooking up or troubleshooting 3rd party devices like IR blasters, home theater equipment, or universal remotes.

Really? The installer should ensure there is a signal output and the OP stated that he was getting absolutely nothing out of the box.

I agree that the installer isn't responsible beyond the boundries of the TW owned equipment, but they are responsible for operation of the remote, as well as correct operation of all inputs and outputs on the box, including the hard drive, remote input, proper channel map for subscribed services, component and HDMI signals, etc.

I think we may be reading different things into the OP comments. What exactly isn't working, the box or the IR repeater?

the remote is working fine with the box but the box is in a cabinet and i have to keep the door open for it to work...so i added the ir sensor and mounted it on my tv's edge to make it easier...

the remote is working fine with the box but the box is in a cabinet and i have to keep the door open for it to work...so i added the ir sensor and mounted it on my tv's edge to make it easier...

Sorry, I eventually figured that out. Kilon is correct, it isn't TW's problem.

The short answer is that there are a lot of different flavors of IR remotes out there, that use different frequencies of IR light and different clock rates for modulating the signals. The problem is likely in the IR blaster you are using. It either does not emit IR at the proper frequency, or it is not fast enough to keep up with the clock rate. Problem will be solved with a better IR repeater. Probably best to spend more this time from a place that accepts returns. You might have to play with several to get one that works.

Again, sorry for the bum steer, and sorry for your problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)