Just had question about HR20 signal meters

Status
Please reply by conversation.

redgixxer

Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Ok, Everything is working just fine for me , but have notice something weird on my HR20 with the signal strength meters. The meters page shows the 103A sat with 98%on tuner 1 transponder1 all day and it also shows 98% for tuner 1 transponder 1 on the 103b sat only during the day. At night the 103b sat drops down to 97% on tuner1 transponder 1 and stays at that number all night till the next morning. The other thing I notice about the 103b signal if using the page to look at all the transponders it will show 98 for transponder 1 even thought the signal meter page shows it at 97 % at night .

I know it's not a big deal since the signal is still high, but was just curious why this happens only in the evening even on perfect nights. Is it because the earth's alignment to the 103b sat? It's a little confusing when the 103A has 98% all day :rolleyes:. Also, which of the two meter strength pages on the HR20 do you trust more?

Thanks

Red

Ok, Everything is working just fine for me , but have notice something weird on my HR20 with the signal strength meters. The meters page shows the 103A sat with 98%on tuner 1 transponder1 all day and it also shows 98% for tuner 1 transponder 1 on the 103b sat only during the day. At night the 103b sat drops down to 97% on tuner1 transponder 1 and stays at that number all night till the next morning. The other thing I notice about the 103b signal if using the page to look at all the transponders it will show 98 for transponder 1 even thought the signal meter page shows it at 97 % at night .

I know it's not a big deal since the signal is still high, but was just curious why this happens only in the evening even on perfect nights. Is it because the earth's alignment to the 103b sat? It's a little confusing when the 103A has 98% all day :rolleyes:. Also, which of the two meter strength pages on the HR20 do you trust more?

Thanks

Red

I doubt there is anything wrong with your setup. 1% between day and night is probably due to the temperature difference.

The satellite is 23,000 miles out. Between there and your dish things happen. The signal meter in your receiver is a best guess. Do not get crazy about those numbers. It you have a 70 signal that is good enough. Most techs get 90s. You loose pic at about 40 due to atmospheric stuff like rain.

Just because it is not broken is no excuse for not trying to fix it........but you are ok for now. Continue to monitor if you find it fun.

Joe

Thanks for the reply's guys....

I was just curious, since both 103A and 103B satellites should be in the same area ( I think..) and figure that both should be giving the same readings. The 103A sat gives a solid reading of 98% all day and figured that the 103B sat should also be giving the same reading. I don't think it has to do with the alignment of the dish , since it can lock into the 103A sat with 98% numbers all day. Maybe it's just the way my reciever is interpreting the 103b signal :rolleyes:....

Again Thanks....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)