Just Locals

silversurfer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Las Vegas, Nevada
Is it possible to subscribe to just locals with E*? Is it possible as a new customer? What costs would be involved? I would prefer a DVR. Thanks in advance!

silversurfer said:
Is it possible to subscribe to just locals with E*? Is it possible as a new customer? What costs would be involved? I would prefer a DVR. Thanks in advance!

I think it depends on whether you are going to buy all your equipment or lease it. With the lease, you will have to take a major package for at least a year.

SilverSurfer - Yes you can subscribe to locals only, you will need to own your own equipment. Looks like the majority of the Abilene TX. locals are at the 148 location, so you will need a Dish 300/500 pointed at 148. If you want a DVR your monthly cost will depend on the model. Dish also charges a $5 fee for not carrying a AT package.

Examples:

DVR 501, 508, 721: Have no DVR fee.

Locals: $5.99 + $5 No package fee = $10.99 per month.

DVR 510, 522, 625: Have DVR fee

Locals: $5.99 + $5 No package fee + $5 DVR fee = $15.99 per month.

Note: If you only have a dish pointing at 148 the guide information will be only 44 hours instead of 9 days. The 9 day guide info comes off the 110 satellite.

NightRyder

As noted above, as long as you own the equipment you can get locals only. I have for a year and a half now.
5.99 for locals + 5.00 BS fee

NightRyder said:
Looks like the majority of the Abilene TX. locals are at the 148 location, so you will need a Dish 300/500 pointed at 148.
Actually all the locals; the one channel at 119 on the Abilene list is the national PBS feed. (Abilene doesn't have a PBS affiliate.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts