Just made a roadrip with sirius...

bcshields

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2003
Delaware
I just took a short roundtrip from southern Delaware up to Worcester, MA. Stayed overnight, and left the next day... Sirius held up well.

I will say that trying to find a station for the FM modulator to keep it static free is my biggest headache, especially in traffic on 95 through New York. You could really tell the ground repeaters were working in New York and Worcester, as the fade out from bridges and tunnels weren't so pronounced. There still was some, but it definately could have been worse.

Had to listen to mostly music, since it was stronger in overpowering the static, but other than that it was a pretty smooth ride.

Check out that hardwired FM Modulator that Audiovox makes. If you can find it at Circuit City or Best Buy get it there, otherwise get it straight from Audiovox. :D

do you have a link to purchase it directly from audiovox? i looked on their site and found that they are not selling it there. i checked both best buy and circuit city .coms and went to both local stores and none had them in stock.

Thanks, I saw that link, but was did not feel comfortable sending the credit card number throught the mail

I will be calling on monday to order.

thanks.

Oh, no no no, that address is if you were to pay by check or money order. They take credit cards over the phone. :)

Let us know how the ordering goes. I'm looking to order mine this week too.

You have the same one as me, and yes it is compatible with the JVC. In fact, if you look in the manual that came with the car kit it lists that part number for the FM Modulator when talking about the FM Out port.

i am going to order it tomorrow. i will post back with eta shipping time and when i get it hooked up, will post results. right now, it is not even worth listening to. the house adapter works great.

Keep us posted korsjs!! I would like to hear how it sounds with it.

I took my wife out to eat last night and was going to show her why I needed to buy this adapter (I always have to prove my point to buy something) and the place we went to eat at is right near my work, so I was going to show here the static that I get occasionally. What sucked is I didn't get ANY static so she is thinking that I don't need this adapter. I'm still going to get it.

The home kit works NICELY!! I love the sound that comes out. Very near CD quality. This is how it should be in the car.

Just got back from a camping trip, took my sirius pnp( about a hour and a half drive one way), no problems at all. I have ended up sticking it to my side window for easy access and visability. Still using antenna on dash and no local stations horn in on 88.7. The suction cup slid a little bit going up ( about 12 miles off pavement on slightly washed out forest and ranch roads), but coming back had no problems. :) Listened to the Vault and raw dog comedy mainly...

I ordered the FM Mod today. Called at 800 and was told to call back ant 1200 because they were doing monthy backups. The guy I talked to at 800 told me they where out of stock and should have them back in by the end of the week. The girl that I talked to at 1200 said they had them and it should take 7 - 10 days to get it. Total with shipping was 20.75. They have a rush option if anyone needs it faster. I think it was 14 something without the shipping. Will let you guys know how it works out when I get it. The number and model number are posted in one of Neutron's post above.

Just got home, five minutes later the UPS guy rings the bell. FM Mod is here. I am going to try to hook it up tonight. Will post back results in new post.

Edit. Neutron - just opened it up, no instructions. If you know where to obtain, can you post link. I will be gone for a couple of hours and want to install when I get home. It came wrapped in bubble wrap. no box, no instructions.

thanks,

korsjs