Just moved and reinstalled

HDFreud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2004
Northern, NJ
OK. I've been quiet for a long time now. Not that I was vocal before, but the suspense is killing me.

Against my better judgment, I just paid $150.00 to move my service to new home. Why, because Voom (in my opinion) has the best picture quality and perhaps the fact that I brought my box back in Dec 2004.

However, move was not easy. Tons of calls to customer service, install guy sent to old address, and now I can't get over the air locals.

Install guy was the same as before. He spoke of doing many Voom installs, but that it has slowed down in the past month.

He said almost all uninstalls were related to problems with or the inability to get locals over the air, that he has heard of DVR being on it's way soon, and that other installers are wondering what is going on with Voom.

I wish us all Voomers that the HD Force be with us.

I moved my service a coupla months ago -- seems to me it was only (only?!) $125 then. But I had the same troubles with the address confusion (with a twist of billing confusion) and also had customer service added to my speed dial. On the bright side, my locals (with one exception) come in even stronger now. :D

yekat said:
Why didn't you just cancel and resubscribe at the new address? Wouldn't that have been only $1?
As a new customer, my rate would have increased by ten dollars a month.

Same here. I also own the box and can even add a lease. I actually wanted to add another stb, but hey told me that I couldn't unless I brought another stb. It's that crazy. They actually stated taht they can't add to lease if you own! Go figure!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts