Just moved, can't have DirecTV, can't cancel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ka1z0ku

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Chucktown,SC
So my wife and I are current DirecTV customers, and just moved across base (we live in base housing on a Navy base), and the house we moved to apparently only has the ability to have one active coax line into the house (which is being used by Comcast for cable internet). The DirecTV installer we had come over to help us set up after the move said that he couldnt run another line or put in another outlet or anything of that nature for legal reasons, and the company who runs base housing is also refusing to help. We decided that instead of further exploring satellite options we'd just get digital cable, however DirecTV is now saying that "can't leave your contract without paying blah blah fees, its not our fault you cant get service, you can technically get satellite signal so we wont waive cancellation fees" etc, you get the idea. After talking to 3 associates and emailing the billing dept, we have accomplished nothing. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to cancel DirecTV without paying $300?

So my wife and I are current DirecTV customers, and just moved across base (we live in base housing on a Navy base), and the house we moved to apparently only has the ability to have one active coax line into the house (which is being used by Comcast for cable internet). The DirecTV installer we had come over to help us set up after the move said that he couldnt run another line or put in another outlet or anything of that nature for legal reasons, and the company who runs base housing is also refusing to help. We decided that instead of further exploring satellite options we'd just get digital cable, however DirecTV is now saying that "can't leave your contract without paying blah blah fees, its not our fault you cant get service, you can technically get satellite signal so we wont waive cancellation fees" etc, you get the idea. After talking to 3 associates and emailing the billing dept, we have accomplished nothing. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to cancel DirecTV without paying $300?

Can you get DSL instead? Then you could use the coax line for DirecTV if they would do a SWM LNB setup for you.

Can you get DSL instead? Then you could use the coax line for DirecTV if they would do a SWM LNB setup for you.

I second this idea, you can then replace any internal cable splitter with a swm splitter. And in the worst case senario, you could diplex the cable/satellite, however you would be limited to 1 satellite line ever... so 1 tv, dvr with 1 line, high deff would be fine with the correct equipment, however you lose the ability to expand your system.

Or do what I would do is drill my own damn holes where no one is looking. The installer off the hook all he did was put a cable through the hole. lol. But again I like bucking authority.

Or do what I would do is drill my own damn holes where no one is looking. The installer off the hook all he did was put a cable through the hole. lol. But again I like bucking authority.

I find that hard to believe! ;)

Having done the apartment shuffle in my youth I can say this is the best advise; all sorts of stuff out there too to hide the dish also if you're worried about that too.

Use a flat line cable and go thru a window or a door jamb. No holes to drill and you can take it out when you leave.

This is the way to go, I did this with my fta system for awhile to a second floor window at our house until I had time to do something more permanent. There was no loss of signal but I do suggest using a window that you do not expect to be opening and closing very much (preferrably not at all).

flat wire is garbage with directv.... not sure if its still approved, but with high deff i wouldnt chance it at all.. OP never mentioned what kinda receivers.... or if swm is an option.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts