Just "Moved" to fairfield county, to get NY locals and HD feeds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pinkfloyd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
Now does anyone know if Directv will be offering WB11 in HD? , I would love to get smallville in HD.

Yeah, i'd be interested to know as well. The word that's been spreading is that directv doesn't care. Who? When? Why? How?

Phone line?

I don't think the phone line is a problem. We have two residences, our primary home is near Nashville and a mountain hideaway near Tri-Cities, TN. The Tri-Cities location is our primary location with D* as we cannot get local NBC or FOX there with an OTA antenna. We have the phone lines connected in Nashville, but don't even have a phone line in Tri-Cities. Never been a problem. We don't do PPV, but I do have the NBA and NFL packages.

Yeah, i heard that they don't monitor what # you call in to, but to be on the safe side I

*67(block my number),(2 second pause) then do the NY access # (area code 312).

I have unlimited long distance and also am pretty confident that this is more than enough to counteract finding my real location, especially when some people do nothing and are fine with it.

Pinkfloyd said:
Now does anyone know if Directv will be offering WB11 in HD? , I would love to get smallville in HD.

Welcome to Fairfield County :D

As for WB11, not until (at least) when NY goes MPEG4 and to the Spaceway birds. It's going to be a while.

da_smush said:
Yeah, i heard that they don't monitor what # you call in to, but to be on the safe side I

*67(block my number),(2 second pause) then do the NY access # (area code 312).

I have unlimited long distance and also am pretty confident that this is more than enough to counteract finding my real location, especially when some people do nothing and are fine with it.
The last number the receiver called back from is indeed stored in the billing system.

I'm still not aware of a process that cracks down on people who "move" - its BS and just a coincidince or just an OSD that wasn't resolvable without a new access card and he's blaming D* for it because they made him buy a replacement until proven otherwise.

Being in Fairfield county is GREAT!! Now I get all the NY Networks in HD and I get all the CT locals in HD!! Via OTA... I just climbed my roof and did some tweaking of the old antenna and now I get WB(WTXX)20 in HD , so got Smallville covered.. Except when they cancel it for a Uconn game .. thats where WB11 comes in :) .. Once they get that in HD I can get rid of the OTA all together..

Yea, they got me on the phone line. I guess 1-800 numbers always have caller ID. Its cant be blocked.

I should of been smarter my fault.

I did not have to get new cards, just pay the service fee for reactivation of my account.

I should of never plugged it in to pay for my pay per view.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea, they got me on the phone line. I guess 1-800 numbers always have caller ID. Its cant be blocked.

I should of been smarter my fault.

I did not have to get new cards, just pay the service fee for reactivation of my account.

I should of never plugged it in to pay for my pay per view.

*** Should Have gotten Voip ***

I now have a fairfield county telephone number!! -- And retained my local number as well... Gotta love technology!

I still don't understand why the phone line was an issue. I & many, many other subs I know who moved, still have our receivers on phone lines & it has NEVER been an issue. (this goes for both E* & D*) As a matter of fact, the phone# on my account is an old cell# & not my landline where my receivers are on & it still has never been an issue in 4+ years. D* does NOT care at all about the actual phone# the receiver is hooked to, just as long as all the receivers on an account are on the SAME#. Matter of fact, the past few times I have moved someone, they don't even bother asking if the phone# is staying the same or not. ;) ;)

Now, as far as when I call in to a CSR, (to activate a receiver, etc.) then I just use my current cell phone, which D* does NOT have on file, so this throws off their system & then they can't try to pull up the account automatically - again, this have never been an issue, either.

I live in MA and direcTv puts me in the Providence market. Are you saying that if I "move" my location to my gf's place which is in the boston market I can get the HD feeds. I see that boston is on the list of HD feeds?? how does this work??

none of my receivers are connected to the phones either...

asousa said:
I live in MA and direcTv puts me in the Providence market. Are you saying that if I "move" my location to my gf's place which is in the boston market I can get the HD feeds. I see that boston is on the list of HD feeds?? how does this work??

none of my receivers are connected to the phones either...

It depends. if you are within the spot beam or the Boston channels are Conus , then yes you could do that. Someone else might be able to tell you if Boston locals are Conus, I know NYC and LA Calif. are

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)