Just ordered a AZ Box ultra hd

Thanks for the info! Right now i have my solomend slaved to my ulta.The receivers are hooked up thru the v box but i have the motor functions on both receivers turned off for now and letting the v box control my c/ku band 6 ft dish.I have been deleting the TPs on the ultra before i do a blind scan.For the most part the blind san has worked very well but i have seen a few tps not get picked up and i scanned those in manually.Haven't played with the advanced scan yet! The auto settings seem to be doing the job.Question!! I see that several channels are coming up with just a freq and no real station identification!Is this normal?My solomand has done a better job in this department.I will edit and add channel station info!another question! On my solomend when i do a blindscan,it over writes any edited changes i did to a channel!will this be so with the ultra?

I see that several channels are coming up with just a freq and no real station identification!Is this normal?

yes if the channel is not set up at the uplink to put out the channel id info

I will edit and add channel station info!another question! On my solomend when i do a blindscan,it over writes any edited changes i did to a channel!will this be so with the ultra?

yes.

Question! How does the azbox ultra remove its heat?I know of the fan but cant seem to find any other vents or holes to remove the heat!or does the heat just get absorbed by the chassis and cover.

AZ playing games on me!

I could of swear that i had AMC9 all scanned! removed extra tps and was watching RTV last night.Today i turn on the receiver!AMC9 channel list was still there but no RTV on RTV channel.Seems that when i went back to settings i founld all the tps i removed yesterday and Ant setting were set back to the default.Other sat listings that i had changed were not effected! just AMC9. Anyone know whats going on?.PS i tend to turn the receiver totally off when not in use by the back switch!Could turning off receiver this way cause The AMC9 mess up since that sat was what i was watching when i shut down the receiver.

The heat doesn't bother me. The only time it get hot is when I am using it. I imagine that the AZBox folks took all of this in consideration, so I feel confident about it handling the heat.
If you are considering adding a fan it may be possible that the warranty could be hurt.

Other than the hd icon lighting up in tv mode how can you tell if the program is in s2,h264 and 4:2:2?

Access the SETTINGS menu > TV CHANNEL > TUNER A DVBS > ADVANCED SCAN > select the satellite and the TP frequency to be examined, then scroll to the PID EDIT selection and press OK. It will show you the details of the video and audio transmission there for all the channels on that particular sat and TP.

RADAR

Stan, Stan the FTA Man! ;)

Excuse me for a moment, I just read one of your other posts where you kinda weasled that phrase in and now I am recalling an old commercial for a car sales dealership in Omaha... Stan Olsen's Pontiac.
The jingle they used was "Stan, Stan, the Pontiac Man! Stan Olsen's Pontiac"

Works better when you know the tune! Ha Ha!

Anyway... regarding the heat dissapation issue... Does the Ultra have an external P.S. or is it internal? My Premium Plus has an external P.S. and that is where most of the heat is generated. So, with the Premium Plus, it is not a consideration to have any ventilation.

The next item is the HDD. If you use an internal HDD and select an eco-friendly or "green" HDD, then you will not experience hardly any heat build up at all, with or without ventilation slits.

The HDD bay on my Premium Plus has no ventilation what-so-ever and with a green Samsung HDD installed, I cannot really tell that it is in there. It runs so cool that that box feels almost as cool as the box sitting next to it that has all power turned OFF. So, it is barely above room temperature. If I leave my hand on the box too long, then I cannot tell which one is on and which one is off because my hand warms it up more than the HDD.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts