just ordered an openbox s10

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok thanks, I would love to try it.

i have played with the openbox s10. I like my pansat 9200's better. the openbox scans very slow. it freezes on HD channels and jitters.

Did you update the Firmware?

Keep in mind that the S10 can lock 16apsk TPs, which slows things down.
I don't know if the Pansat can lock those.

Scan times for C Band is usually asround 2 minutes.

If you do a preset scan it will scan very very fast. Preset scan will scan the transponder list only that is stored in the S10.
If you do a blind scan it will be slow or slower. Blind scan will scan all possible frequencies/transponders that are out there and that will slow it down .
So which scan is better ?
It depends.
For example,,,,
If I do a preset scan on all channels on 97 w ku, I scan in 256 channels. Most are free and some are scrambled.
If I do a blind scan on all channels on 97 w ku , I scan in 387 channels. Most are free and some are scrambled.

On both kind of scans I get dopple channels and scrambled channels but mostly I get dopples on scrambled channels.
After deleting dopples and scrambled channels, the blind scan will get me more channels than the preset scan.
At least for 97w ku. And this sat is the only one I get dopple channels when scanning.
This sat has about 200 viewable channels, but I found new channels this way I did not know about it.

But if I scan 107w C , the blind scan will yield 2 channels less for some reason. And the 107 w C sat is the only one that will give me 2 channels less when using blind scan.

If your transponder data in your S10 is up to date , the fastest way to scan would be the preset scan.
It is best to blind scan even though it is slower. This way you will get transponder and channels that is not stored in your list.

Remember FTA channels are moving around and changing once in a while.

Last edited:
I just picked up an s10 and it finds more feeds than any other box I have tried but it cuts out on certain signals.

the openbox seems to detect s2 signals easier than the 9200 but the s10 reboots randomly and jitters on HD channels. it is a pos imo.

Ya mine won't even drive a motor but I think Pixl knows what the problem is so hopefully the part is easy to order and solder in because otherwise it's good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)