Status
Please reply by conversation.

jesserulz233

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2005
South Carolina
Christmas is coming early this year for me. My D* HD will be hear on Feb. 14th. I have a few questions though. As of now, locals are not available in my area (Greenville, SC) though I have been told they are suppose to up by the end of the month. Is there a website I can go to to confirm this? Also, I just got the HD Reciever, not the DVR :( . What is the reciever Model I will be getting? Thanks.

Jesse

Christmas is coming early this year for me. My D* HD will be hear on Feb. 14th. I have a few questions though. As of now, locals are not available in my area (Greenville, SC) though I have been told they are suppose to up by the end of the month. Is there a website I can go to to confirm this? Also, I just got the HD Reciever, not the DVR :( . What is the reciever Model I will be getting? Thanks.

Jesse

You will be getting the H20. If it has a -100, then it will likely be a stable box. If it has a -600, it may not be. The -600 has had rebooting issues that are well documented. At least it has a better ota tuner! You won't know that your locals are in hd until they are up. Directv doesn't tell anyone ahead of time when they will be live. Good luck!

will i be getting a 3 lnb or 5 lnb dish? What is the difference? Sorry, I am a noob when it comes to this stuff.

5 LNB for MPEG4.

I thought D* announced no more local HD channels for the forseeable future, focusing on other stuff?

will i be getting a 3 lnb or 5 lnb dish? What is the difference? Sorry, I am a noob when it comes to this stuff.

You will get he 5 lbn dish. The 5 lbn dish will allow you to get the new MPEG 4 material coming out. This includes your local HD's and the new HD stuff coming out this fall after the two new sats are launched.

There is no web site that you can confirm if or when your HD locals are coming on line. Buffalo has been rumored for the end of Dec, Early Jan, End Jan, Mid Feb, Mid Mar, Mid April, and there is a rumor that no new local HD's will be lunched until the two new sats are launched later this year. I had the 5 lbn and a second H20 installed yesterday and the installer said they were told yesterday that Buffalo HD's were coming in Feb. The best thing to do is keep calling the CSR's or keep an eye on these boards and eventually you will get a firm answer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts