Just ordered DirecTV..how do I cancel DishNetwork?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

syphix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
I'm fed up with the 522, and just ordered a DirecTV TiVo. So, now what? Do I just call Dish up? Do I tear down the stuff myself? How easy is it to cancel with E*?

Is the equipment yours or Dish Networks.

If its yours you do with it as you want, if its XM's then you need to return the equipment to them our your local retailer.

After your Directv equipment is installed so you won't be without service call DISH and cancel your account with them. Seeing the 522 is DHA lease only it is the property of DISH Network, they will ship you prepaid shipping boxes to return their property in. Your Directv installer will probably remove the DISH Network dish and mount Directv in it's place.

syphix said:
It's E*'s (a leased 522 and Dish500 Pro dish)

When I canceled Dish 4 years ago they sent me empty boxes with UPS Call Tags inside. I would make sure you are clear with the CSR you speak with WHAT needs to be done.

Excellent...I was hoping it would be easy, and the installer removing the Dish dish seems better.

Oh...and I just found out that due to lack of stock, my order for a 35 hour Philips TiVo has been upgraded to a 70 hour Samsung. SWEET!

Hey there Syphix... Welcome a'board the convert train.

I, about 2 weeks ago now, moved from the horrid E* to the lovely, the beautiful, the wonderful DirecTV.

I thought I might tell you how I handled my move, since I was in the same situation as you - dropping the 522.

I left my Dish service online till my DirecTV equip. was installed and working just the way I wanted.
My installers took down the E* dish, and installed their stuff using the same mast.

When I called Dish I told then why I was cancelling, and told them that I needed them to send me the materials to send the leased equipment back to them. They needed all the leased receivers and the LNB(s) from the E* dish.

I think you'll be pleased with your switch. The Tivo is hand-over-fist better then any Dish DVR I've seen and used. I have also noticed a marked improvement in the over all picture quality.

I converted back in March and I couldn't be happier. When I ordered my HD receiver in July and got the good deal on it they told me I would have to commit for a year to get the deal they gave me. I have no problem doing that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)