Just outside Local Channel area

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scotchie

Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
I live in George County MS, zip code 39452. We do not get local channels even though we are only 30 miles or so from Mobile AL. We do have an outside antennae. We do get snowy pictures from Mobile/Pensacola. We do get NBC and FOX from the East and West Coast...but not ABC or CBS.
I know this question has been asked before, back in 2004. There was a poster named Devious Angel from George County MS(like me). She lived very near Greene County MS (like me). At that time Directv made a big deal out of the fact that we were going to get our Local Channels. We all upgraded our equipment, etc., and waited for the big day to arrive. After a few false deadlines we did start receiving our Local Channels over the satellite.
We were all getting the Mobile and Pensacola locals, which was all good, since that is where we are located. I live 4 miles from the Alabama state line. I live 75 to 100 miles from Gulfport/Biloxi.
The problem is that after about 2 months we were abruptly and unceremoniously cut off from receiving local channels. Directv never really gave us any explanation, but I found out on my own that George County was changed to be included in the area for Gulfport/Biloxi. Gulfport/Biloxi does not get Local Channels thus we were dropped.
Back in 2004, Devious Angel posed this identical set of parameters to you and one of you guys named Iceberg or something similar, said that she could call Directv and change her service address to be an address in adjacent Greene County MS, which does receive local channels from Mobile/Pensacola, while leaving her billing address and phone number as it is now and that she would start getting local channels from Mobil/Pensacola.
My questions are these; Exactly how do you do this? What exactly do you tell Directv? Can I get in any trouble doing this?

I live in George County MS, zip code 39452. We do not get local channels even though we are only 30 miles or so from Mobile AL. We do have an outside antennae. We do get snowy pictures from Mobile/Pensacola. We do get NBC and FOX from the East and West Coast...but not ABC or CBS.
I know this question has been asked before, back in 2004. There was a poster named Devious Angel from George County MS(like me). She lived very near Greene County MS (like me). At that time Directv made a big deal out of the fact that we were going to get our Local Channels. We all upgraded our equipment, etc., and waited for the big day to arrive. After a few false deadlines we did start receiving our Local Channels over the satellite.
We were all getting the Mobile and Pensacola locals, which was all good, since that is where we are located. I live 4 miles from the Alabama state line. I live 75 to 100 miles from Gulfport/Biloxi.
The problem is that after about 2 months we were abruptly and unceremoniously cut off from receiving local channels. Directv never really gave us any explanation, but I found out on my own that George County was changed to be included in the area for Gulfport/Biloxi. Gulfport/Biloxi does not get Local Channels thus we were dropped.
Back in 2004, Devious Angel posed this identical set of parameters to you and one of you guys named Iceberg or something similar, said that she could call Directv and change her service address to be an address in adjacent Greene County MS, which does receive local channels from Mobile/Pensacola, while leaving her billing address and phone number as it is now and that she would start getting local channels from Mobil/Pensacola.
My questions are these; Exactly how do you do this? What exactly do you tell Directv? Can I get in any trouble doing this?
It is called "moving" you have to give them a valid address in the service area. Yes it is a violation of your customer agreement, have others done it? Just search for moving to see how many others have moved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts