Just received a Channel Master 84E with dual LNB holder.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jnorr92

Original poster
Apr 10, 2020
Rhode Island
Does anyone know where I can get a single LNB holder for a Channel Master 84E? I currently purchased one off of Ebay and it came with 1 Eagle Aspen 270KU dual output LNB with a dual LNB mount. I intend to motorize this antenna with a single LNB. Any help would be great, thank you.
V/r, Jack.

Wonder if there is a gain advantage on an 84E by having a single LNBF in the center rather than offset by a an inch or so? I have one with the dual holer and two LNBFs, and it works quite well for 91 and 97.

Wonder if there is a gain advantage on an 84E by having a single LNBF in the center rather than offset by a an inch or so? I have one with the dual holer and two LNBFs, and it works quite well for 91 and 97.
Hi Cham, thanks for the info. Do you use the Channel Master dual LNB mount that comes with the dish or an aftermarket/modification? Thx, Jack.

I am pretty sure those were for two Primestar satellites, I don't think the distance is right for any satellites we look at. I have three or four of the 84E dishes and I just made a bracket out of flatbar steel I had laying around. ALL of the plastic hardware on those dishes gets brittle after enough years in the sun.

I've also made arms for the 84E out of the arms from the old directway internet dishes, the profile of the arm is similar, and I think for the lnb holder I actually made it from WOOD. LOL

I don't use the 84e dishes anymore not enough satellites to waste time on them.

I use the LBFs that came with the dish, with the factory dual mount.

Hi Cham, thanks for the info. Do you use the Channel Master dual LNB mount that comes with the dish or an aftermarket/modification? Thx, Jack.

Using the factory type LNB with the scalar designed for the shape of the dish would be the best solution for proper illumination of the feed. The dishes I have came with LNBs with separate V and H inputs. I just use typical LNBFs on my Primestar dishes and I fabricated a simple mount with a conduit clamp with a hole drilled into the side for attachment. Works just fine for my needs.
20200414_181525.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)