Just received a good deal from Dish

jesmitch

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
KS
I am a current subscriber out of contract. I got a hold of the customer retention department about my quandry of switching to D*. I could save an average of $48/month for the same programming by switching to D* from E*. I told E* this and they were able to give me some fairly good deals. Needless to say, I am going to stay a loyal E* customer for another 24 months and get to enjoy the programming, interface, and receivers that I have grown to love. It is worth a shot to call E* to see what you can work out before you switch.

I am a current subscriber out of contract. I got a hold of the customer retention department about my quandry of switching to D*. I could save an average of $48/month for the same programming by switching to D* from E*. I told E* this and they were able to give me some fairly good deals. Needless to say, I am going to stay a loyal E* customer for another 24 months and get to enjoy the programming, interface, and receivers that I have grown to love. It is worth a shot to call E* to see what you can work out before you switch.
$48.00 per month:confused:- love to see the breakdown of that

As far as the savings, with the $23/month for a year, 3 months free HBO and Showtime which I subscribe to with E* and $10/month discount with AAA, it would have averaged $24.38 less per month for the term of the 24 months. My math was a little sketchy last night!

I called again this morning and spoke with another CSR to double check what they gave me and it all looks good from two different CSR's.

I hate to give out the details for fear that E* will catch wind and screw me out of it because I told everyone else. Can they do that?

I called retentions yesterday just to see what the ETF would cost me because I can save $43.98/month the 1st year with the HDDVR package vs AT 250 + Gold HD ($6.00/mo cheaper plus the $23.00/mo savings plus $10.00/mo AAA savings plus $5.00/mo savings thru Qwest). 2nd year I can save $18.00/mo. All told for a two year agreement I can save almost $780.00. The thing is I like Dish and the 722 and I just was allowed to participate in the sling beta (pretty cool btw). But the person I was dealing with was a little less than honest.
The rep tried telling me that Directv charges per DVR and I politely told him that wasn't true but he stuck to his guns so I let it go. I probably will pull the trigger to go to Directv and eat the $100.00 ETF (which would drop my two year savings to about $680.00. Decisions, decisions!

As far as the savings, with the $23/month for a year, 3 months free HBO and Showtime which I subscribe to with E* and $10/month discount with AAA, it would have averaged $24.38 less per month for the term of the 24 months. My math was a little sketchy last night!

I called again this morning and spoke with another CSR to double check what they gave me and it all looks good from two different CSR's.

I hate to give out the details for fear that E* will catch wind and screw me out of it because I told everyone else. Can they do that?

Well, no offense here, but Dish isn't tracking your online activity to see if you mentioned what deal they gave you. They gave you a deal because it is beneficial to you and them. Unless you were sworn to secrecy, then out with it! There are hundreds of posts on this site about what kind of deals people get.

Dish CSRs can't keep up-to-date with them-selves and seem barely capable of using their computers at all, do you seriously think they can hack into SatelliteGuys.us and figure out your online identity and then map that back into their system?

Leave me along, you can never be too careful!

Free upgrade to 722, free cinemax for a year even though I wouldn't normally qualify, free external storage activation, and a $15 discount for a year, plus my HBO and Showtime free for 3 months.

Free upgrade to 722, free cinemax for a year even though I wouldn't normally qualify, free external storage activation, and a $15 discount for a year, plus my HBO and Showtime free for 3 months.

$15 a month for a year or just $15 for the entire year?

They offered me a 722, Starz and Showtime for 3 months and a $10 per month discount. Still probably going to do DirecTV. Tired of waiting for new channels.

is your Cinemax free for a year different than the penny Cinemax deal with the paperless billing and autopay or is that what you were talking about.

Good for you. I just got a 722, but paid $50 for it and am into another 24/mo. I guess it pays to threaten. Thing is I knew I wasn't going anywhere. I'm happy where I'm at.

Not much of a deal, $10/mo. for a year in exchange for a two year contract, seems to me everyone without a contract can get that and not have to threaten to leave.

One word of caution for those thinking moving to DirecTV, it will be much harder if you decide to leave them early, you will be assessed $20/mo. early cancellation fee, not $12/mo.

I weighed the higher cost to leave directv heavily in my decision. The cinemax deal supposedly wasn't available to me because I bundle my services with ATT. I will be paying less than I do now for SD for 1 year, so to me, it is a great deal. Plus I love Dish and am glad to be able to stay and make the both of us happy.

i called and asked for retention. i talked to a very nice guy in Colorado. i wasn't mean or rude... didn't threaten to cancel. i just asked if i could get the current new customer deal. i didn't need a new receiver, i just wanted to save money. he was very helpful. he gave me $15 off for the next year and free hbo and starz for three months. it didn't require a new contract. im a happy panda. LOL

Nice going nothing0. I find that if you are pleasent and don't threaten, they are a lot more responsive than trying to be a butthead to them. Dish is a good company who I have been happy with for years. I'm glad to hear you received a good deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts