Just received this from Comcast

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Received this e-mail a week ago-

You're in! Gigabit Internet updates are coming your way.

They called yesterday and set up the appointment with my son, he told me about it this morning, 4 weeks away.

And I did get the promo price of $70 ( + 10 for modem, will be buying my own when they start to sell 3.1 modems at retail) a month with a new 3 year contract and no data caps.

They did give me a great offer to continue TV service but I have not decided yet if I want to, still thinking about Vue ( or nothing ) since I can have it on in every room without box fees ( already own the Rokus in every room), Comcast is taking too long to put their channels on the Roku ( announced back in April, nothing yet )

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Received this e-mail a week ago-

You're in! Gigabit Internet updates are coming your way.

They called yesterday and set up the appointment with my son, he told me about it this morning, 4 weeks away.

And I did get the promo price of $70 ( + 10 for modem, will be buying my own when they start to sell 3.1 modems at retail) a month with a new 3 year contract and no data caps.

They did give me a great offer to continue TV service but I have not decided yet if I want to, still thinking about Vue ( or nothing ) since I can have it on in every room without box fees ( already own the Rokus in every room), Comcast is taking too long to put their channels on the Roku ( announced back in April, nothing yet )

On the Internet side, take the deal and run for the hills and don't look back.

Waxing a tad poetic there, but it's a fantastic deal for three years.

However, on the video side, run far, far away from that; the only exception is if it's a bundled deal. In that case, take the receiver, keep it in a box, never touch it, never forget it either, and stick to the Net. Even the technician that came out to our house a few years back to install the pedestal drop warned me not to go with Comcast/Xfinity video; not that he had to convince me, we're with DirecTV and I'm not looking back on their deal with me.

We have bundled lowest video package with 75Mbps Internet with expanded 1TB data cap. It's been fantastic so far. We're bundled with their lowest video option, but like I just said, I have the boxed-up receiver stowed away, never unpackaged, so that it can be returned in the event that we quit Xfinity. For us, they did a cheaper package deal than Internet by itself.

I also agree with your thoughts on the modem. Eat the lease fee for now (especially with a 1Gbps connection, that's essentially peanuts in value), and since DOCSIS 3.1 is just around the corner, wait for someone like BestBuy to carry the updated device, and then detach modem fee at that point.

Congrats. That's awesome.

I've been holding back on buying another Mini because of this since I have a Roku in every room.

However, on the video side, run far, far away from that; the only exception is if it's a bundled deal. In that case, take the receiver, keep it in a box, never touch it, never forget it either, and stick to the Net. Even the technician that came out to our house a few years back to install the pedestal drop warned me not to go with Comcast/Xfinity video; not that he had to convince me, we're with DirecTV and I'm not looking back on their deal with me.

We have TV Service with them now and no complaints, great HD Picture on par with DirecTV and better then Dish, X1 works great, price great, the only reason I am thinking about dropping them is the box fees ( we only have 2 cable boxes but 5 rooms with TVs ) which are bad for all providers.

Comcast went in the right direction by announcing that you will soon be able to access your channels on a Roku with no charge, but soon has passed since they announced this back in April, PS Vue solves the box issue since we already have the Rokus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)