Just saw a commercial, DirecTV may lose AMC and other channels, is this true?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It should be a law written into these contracts that the customer has the option to leave anytime there's a contract dispute and channels are pulled without paying an ETF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Juan
the other site said "DirecTV's contract for AMC Networks doesn't expire until the end of the year" i don't know why AMC wanted to worried people if they really 2 months left to work it out!

Reactions: 66mustang
Maybe they could add Wetv and Sundance in HD when they come to an agreement
They should be a law for unfair retransmission disputes early in the contract
Not sure if breach of contract is applied here or not
And Directv could take them to court because of that.

Reactions: edisonprime
the other site said "DirecTV's contract for AMC Networks doesn't expire until the end of the year" i don't know why AMC wanted to worried people if they really 2 months left to work it out!
Thats just it, they want to get the info out now, so people think that they will be missing AMC's major show, in reality, the show will be over before the end of the contract, thus AMC will have little leverage at that point ... thier intention is to stir things up with subs now hoping they don't realize it's months away.

It should be a law written into these contracts that the customer has the option to leave anytime there's a contract dispute and channels are pulled without paying an ETF.

NEVER happen.

There are contracts being negotiated DAILY ...
Parties rarely ever agree right away, thats how you get leverage to get what you need.

AMC said that DirecTV is in violation of it's contract because they dropped AMC in latin America. Just because they're contractually obligated doesn't mean they still won't pull it before the season is up. http://deadline.com/2014/11/amc-networks-blackout-directv-1201271612/
Wow, once again a bunch of un informed people posting for the most part on the website the link went to.

AMC is asking for more money from D*, D* is not the fault here, but most there can't seem to understand that.

What is funny about this, is that it is written in, that they can drop programming at anytime, including in commitments, and without warning, and even raise rates, and your ETF is still VALID. People assume it is illegal or should be, but the other side of it is, you would be regulated to stay with the company during their dispute, so they can get the terms they want. It just doesnt make sense.

Worse comes to worse, I buy the season pass on iTunes for the 5th season of TWD. I did that for South Park and The Big Bang Theory. I also do it for some other nickelodeon shows I tend to watch. I won't switch for anything, I love DirecTV, sick of the networks thinking we are stupid, that we don't see the real bs is the networks trying to screw us out of more money. AMC is the only network of the 4 I watch.

Like with Viacom(I believe that's the one who runs Nick, etc..) I could of cared less if they dropped it. I don't watch shows on the channels, I prefer digital copies. They come out either the same night, or the next morning on iTunes.

I mostly watch Sports, NFLST and NBALP now. I don't watch the big networks, just watch TWD, as it's tight budget wise, or I would buy the season pass, if I end up with extra money I will buy it.

Reactions: ChadT41
I wish more people thought like this, whether they have dish, DTV, Comcast or whoever. That's how you truly keep that cost down b

Reactions: JUCJ85
If it happens there are plenty of free ways to obtain it and since I'm paying for it I have zero bad feelings about doing so.

We're hearing the same date, that the contract with AMC networks ends 12/31/14. It is almost comical that they (AMC) are struggling so bad they need two months of intimidating viewers to make noise versus a week or so that is typical of other networks.

There was also a reason dtv dropped amc from sky... I can't get into that.. but amc is blowing this whole thing out of proportion. .. and realistically a dispute will most likely be settled within two months.

Not sure if this is how everyone else thinks. Myself, I'd love to see the 2 satellite companies and cable companies to come together and draw a line in the sand on all this corporate greed. Tell THEM what they will pay them and if they don't accept it oh well.

That would be a perfect world, but the one company would sell out and claim they are the only provider to offer that station.

That would be a perfect world, but the one company would sell out and claim they are the only provider to offer that station.
Good point Chad. Their would always be that one company that would bow down to them. Now I know things have changed since I had D* last(which was 1999)more channels added etc. but back then I had everything D* had to offer except the premium channels and my bill was 42 dollars and change. Just an example of the greed.

The thing about one company always bowing down, it would be the one that would end up dropping the channels eventually as well. That is why they all need a union of some sorts when it comes to negotiations.

Every time one of these disputes come there are lots of posts complaining about it but they almost always get settled, sometimes at the last minute. I'll worry about it when they remove the channel but not until then.

Reactions: Jimbo and 66mustang
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts