Just signed up for DISH w/ HD-DVR

psumattDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Wilmington, DE
Hey guys-
Just got done on the phone signing up for DISH!

I am getting a 622 HD-DVR, a 211 HD , and 1 standard receiver.
Due to a "backlog", my install is not until March 4th.

I also got a bunch of great specials - but I do have 1 question.

I signed up for the HD Platinum pack. The rep took my order - but then came back after a few minutes on hold and said that because of where I live (Delaware, near Philly) i'd need a 2nd dish for some HD channels. Has anyone else had to do this?

I wasn't too thrilled about the thought of TWO dishes being on my house, but oh well.

Also, with all of this, will DISH be able to use my existing cable coax in the house? I have very recent RG-6 runs to all 3 of my TV's, but didn't know if needing to have this second dish will mean that i'll need extra runs of coax put up.

Thanks guys for any info - and I look forward to being a part of this forum!

Yes you will need 61.5 on a second Dish to get all the hd channels.

As far as cables go this system would require the use of a DP Twin on the dish for 119 & 110, and a DP Dual on the dish for 61.5. Then a DP34 switch will be used to combine all the signals. The TV that has the 622 will need 2 lines from the switch, and if you are going to run a 4th tv with the second output of the receiver a third line would be needed in that location (just 2 lines could be used if the installer uses diplexors to back feed the 2nd tv signal). Unless the installer gets Dish to put a DPP44 switch on the work order then you would only need 1 cable at every tv.

Dave-
Thanks for the quick reply. That's good news. The 622 will be located in the main living room - and that will be the easiest spot to run the 2nd cable line needed for the DVR.

I wasn't sure how they combined all the signals, but it sounds like the switch will do the trick. It's been almost 6 years since i've had satellite (previously used DTV) - so i'm sure all the technology has changed since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts