Just Switched from Dish to DirecTV!! (Questions About DVR)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nickg420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 31, 2005
Flowery Branch, Ga
Is the DVR Dual Tuner?? With E* I had my DVR and HD hooked to the same television and just swapped inputs when I wanted to watch recorded material. The Bedroom television actually had the receiver. Menaing 2 televsions run off the one DVR Receiver. The one in the Living Room and the one in the Bedroom.

Will I be able to do that with this DVR??

Last edited:
The D* DVR has dual tuners but, unlike some of the E* DVRs, you won't be able to view separate programs on 2 TVs at the same time.

It can record 2 live shows at once. You can run a backfeed to the second tv, it will have to watch the same as the other tv, though.

See that's not a problem because we would only watch 1 tv at a time anyway....

My current setup, well previous now, anyway........ is HD reciever on HDTV in Living Room and DVR in Master Bedroom but I also had the second tuner ran to my HDTV in the living room as well so I could watch recorded stuff in there too when I'm not watching the HD reciever.

As long as I can do that I'm good

The only problem I had converting from E to D was the RF remote. D* receivers only have IR remotes. You'll need to get some extra equipment to either convert to RF or use the "triangles" that can be bought at Radio Shack.

Roger said:
With the R15 I think there is a UHF remote upgrade.

They rumor is that a UHF remote will be coming in the future but it's not there at this time.

Will the instalers ave any problems with my request of hooking the recievers up that way???

My house is already ran for cable so it shouldn't be that hard, I have lots of Dish diplexors everywhere though so they will want to remove those I'm sure

I'm sure the installers won't have any problem with your your request... just be ready to pay some extra money to have your request honored.

Well they shouldn't have to fish any cable as my house has cable all through it and a central location box that they can do whatevr they want with and it's already labled per room

The problem with doing stuff for free is that customers then expect you to warrantee that work, even though you weren't paid for it. The guys employer won't know that he did it for free, so when the boss gets the call from an irate customer because that second TV doesn't work, well, the only loser can be the installer.

I understand completely and don't mind paying for work that isn't "STANDARD".......

If I installed dishes for a living ............I know when I arrive to a home expecting an easy standard install .........only to find when I get there the customer has 20 different requests to fill ..........I would want to be paid for the extra work too, regardless of the warranty issues.

Bottom line is as long as I can watch my HD and have DVR on both televisions I have no problem paying for it

But some installers will abesolutely not do anything extra but put your stuff up and leave at least it was that way with E*

never had a D* install so I'm not in a position to comment on them

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts