Just Switched to Dish - HAD OTA HD!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

couger77

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Kansas
I just switched to Dish and now I can not figure out how to get OTA digital local channels from my roof top antenna. Before I could just go to channel 3.1 and that worked great. When I scan I get zip. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jer

Make sure your OTA antenna cable is not plugged into the UHF TV2 Remote RF connector and vice-versa. You remote will work for miles, but you get very little TV.

Last edited:
Jim5506 said:
Make sure your OTA antenna cable is not plugged into the UHF TV2 Remote RF connector and vice-versa. You remote will work for miles, but you get very little TV.

Yes, I made certain that it was plugged into the correct coax.

couger77 said:
I just switched to Dish and now I can not figure out how to get OTA digital local channels from my roof top antenna. Before I could just go to channel 3.1 and that worked great. When I scan I get zip. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jer

If you just switched to Dish, what were you using to get that 3.1 channel before? What was the signal strength?

If it was the digital tuner on your TV or a non-Dish digital tuner and the signal for 3.1 was not real strong, the 622 may not show any signal.

Another thought - if your OTA antenna has a preamp in the system that was powered by your old receiver, the 622 does not provide power through the OTA port. In that case you'd need a separate power supply for your preamp...

How about going to Setup/ Locals and scanning for digital. Without that, you need to first plug in the actual over the air RF CHannel and not the digital channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)